Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: some help please  (Read 1309 times)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: some help please
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2018, 07:05:58 PM »
In the future, be sure to lube the new filter's o-ring well with clean oil and make sure there's no grit or debris on it, and get the mating surface on the engine block perfectly clean. When both surfaces are clean and lubricated, it doesn't take high torque to seal the gap.  :028:

This is one reason I like to do oil changes myself. A given mechanic can get in a hurry and then overtorque the filter to try to seal it.

I had to drive a screwdriver through the factory installed filter to get it to budge.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline beertown

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Milwaukee
Re: some help please
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2018, 07:24:08 PM »
This was a first and may be the last until it comes times for valves. I try to do my own work for this very reason. I enjoy doing the work and with the help of this sight, will learn to do more. Once again  :763: :763: for everyone's input as I thought it would be something major VS a minor leak. 

Recent Topics