Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oil level  (Read 376 times)

Offline Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
Oil level
« on: November 25, 2018, 09:32:16 PM »
I just made my first engine oil change. Much easier to do than my other bike (ZX-11 which is for sale).
No lower fairing to remove on the Versys (except a 3 bolts small lower fairing), a no-guess sight window and a very accessible filler neck.

On the ZX-11, it was recommended to fill up the level slightly over the Max mark, because of a tendency to sometimes starve #3 conrod.

Question: on the Versys, despite the repair manual, what is the recommended oil level?

I filled it up to the Max mark but I just want to be sure.

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys God
Re: Oil level
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 10:09:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Claude [+]
I just made my first engine oil change. Much easier to do than my other bike (ZX-11 which is for sale).
No lower fairing to remove on the Versys (except a 3 bolts small lower fairing), a no-guess sight window and a very accessible filler neck.

On the ZX-11, it was recommended to fill up the level slightly over the Max mark, because of a tendency to sometimes starve #3 conrod.

Question: on the Versys, despite the repair manual, what is the recommended oil level?

I filled it up to the Max mark but I just want to be sure.

I just dump in 4 qts and call it a day..... that puts it right at the high mark on the window ..Im close to 34,000 miles of doing this and no ill results so I assume its OK...:)

Offline uralrob

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 V1k, 2008 V650
  • City / Town: Bridgewater N.S.
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 01:31:23 AM »

I did my first oil change today too, Claude. I let it drain for a little under an hour while I did other things, added 4 litres and then ran it for several minutes. After sitting for 15 minutes or so It took about another 400 ml to bring it up to the full mark, looked at horizontally.

Rob.

Offline Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 02:15:30 AM »
Rob, so you poured 4.4 liters to reach max mark? Manual says 3.8...

Offline uralrob

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 V1k, 2008 V650
  • City / Town: Bridgewater N.S.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 02:36:54 AM »

I'll keep an eye on it, Claude. That was on the centre stand. Maybe when both wheels are on the floor I'll need to drain some.

Rob.

Recent Topics