Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Time for a change  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Coastal59

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1000
  • City / Town: Ynys Mon
Re: Time for a change
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2018, 11:04:40 PM »
I was out on the XR yesterday , Fecking hell what a machine  :lostit:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 08:01:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Coastal59 [+]
I was out on the XR yesterday , Fecking hell what a machine  :lostit:

I can only imagine..... it's something like 20Kg lighter than the Versys 1000 and has 160 bhp... it must be like  a missile   :5:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Coastal59

• Versys Pro
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 08:38:21 AM »
Rog I loved the Versys but this is on another level , For me it's the best bike I have been on , Some  bikes take a week or so to gel with but as soon as I blasted off on this it was all smiles.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2018, 09:33:32 AM »
It shares some DNA with the  big Versys in that it is an in line four cylinder configuration

I know that 'early' models suffered with some vibration and changes have now been introduced to eliminate or reduce this issue..... I have never ridden one........yet   :008: 

I have had BMWs in the past and had a particularly bad experience with a K1300GT.. (I'll not go into more detail again  :9: ) but it has soured my opinion somewhat 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2018, 02:58:16 PM »
I was in MandP's Swansea the other week looking at bikes and only sat on the XR, but while it is lighter it took more effort to lift it off the side stand, do you find this ?

Also, afterwards I was on the Gearing Commander web site looking at the ratios, the XR has a much closer ratio gearbox than the V1k, great for "pressing on" but I prefer a wider box. Gearing Commander shows at 5K the xr is doing 68 while the Vk is doing 82mph. It would take a drop of two teeth on the front sprocket to get the same 6th gear ratio.....but it would be intersting to ride both bikes like that and compare. In another thread I posted power and torque curves which had the XR on among others , the Vk more or less matched the XR to about 7k.
I think the XR is playing a much sportier game, more of a comfy sports bike but they do look like fun and can see how it would be quicker with a bit less weight, lower ratios and more top end.

How is the agility compared to the Vk ?

Offline Coastal59

• Versys Pro
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2018, 03:05:40 PM »
The agility and handling are fantastic , When I first sat on it I thought it might not be as comfortable as the V but when you set off it's very comfortable 

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2018, 03:24:09 PM »
The agility and handling are fantastic , When I first sat on it I thought it might not be as comfortable as the V but when you set off it's very comfortable

Sounds great, but how do you find lifting it off the side stand and how is the handling compared to the Vk ?

Offline Coastal59

• Versys Pro
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2018, 03:45:24 PM »
No different off the sidestand and handles better, Its a more sporty bike , You would have to demo one to appreciate the difference.

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2018, 05:41:44 PM »
No different off the sidestand and handles better, Its a more sporty bike , You would have to demo one to appreciate the difference.

:763:

Offline Yox

• Versys God
  • Bike: V 1000
  • City / Town: Heathfield
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2018, 08:45:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
That TFT screen is amazing  :169:   

it is pretty awesome. I can read everything on it!  :008: plus I like the fact the redline moves down when it's cold and gradually creeps up as the bike warms up.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 08:48:50 PM by Yox »
Those that live by the sword get shot by those that don't.

Recent Topics