Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Time for a change  (Read 2176 times)

Offline Yox

• Versys God
  • Bike: V 1000
  • City / Town: Heathfield
Re: Time for a change
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2018, 08:54:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by doc [+]
Well decided it's time for a change so it's good bye versys and bought myself the new GS1250 Adventure.Loved the versys and it's never let me down.Always fancied a gs and after moving various models of the gs around Europe for a client my mind was made up.

very nice, I have a 2018 1200 GSA and so far love it. They are not cheap but do hold their value better so it is comparative. Handles well and very comfortable.
Beware, It's very easy to spend another small fortune on boxes, navs and other farkles  :008: I daren't demo a 1250 in case I like it better than the 1200!
Those that live by the sword get shot by those that don't.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2018, 08:56:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yox [+]
it is pretty awesome. I can read everything on it!  :008: plus I like the fact the redline moves down when it's cold and gradually creeps up as the bike warms up.

I was waiting and hoping for your input yox........you big tease    :745:     

Im looking forward to February /March next year   :whistle:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline doc

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: GS 1250A
  • City / Town: Huddersfield
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2018, 03:38:58 AM »
very nice, I have a 2018 1200 GSA and so far love it. They are not cheap but do hold their value better so it is comparative. Handles well and very comfortable.
Beware, It's very easy to spend another small fortune on boxes, navs and other farkles  :008: I daren't demo a 1250 in case I like it better than the 1200!

Its to late pal,Already bought everything  :756: It does mount up but can't help myself

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2018, 08:51:31 AM »
  Oh ,   go on Yox.   Take the new one for a L O N G test ride.   It's exactly what BMW want you to do.    :whistle:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline Yox

• Versys God
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2018, 11:23:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by doc [+]
Its to late pal,Already bought everything  :756: It does mount up but can't help myself

Welcome to the dark side  :008:

Offline Yox

• Versys God
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2018, 11:24:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
  Oh ,   go on Yox.   Take the new one for a L O N G test ride.   It's exactly what BMW want you to do.    :whistle:

I know, I reckon they will lend me one next service.  :008:

Offline doc

• Versys Pro
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2018, 12:20:19 PM »
Welcome to the dark side  :008:

:152: thing is i dont get it until march.I am stopping in bed until then :180: :180:

Offline fishforpike

• Versys Member
  • Bike: KLZ VERSYS 1000
  • City / Town: Galway
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 04:08:11 PM »
My only criticism of the modern boxers is they're over engineered. If you need to get to the battery you're in for a shock, parts and labour if they do it are $$$$$$. if the abs goes out of waranty its about $2000 +vat for the parts only.
However they are quite reliable if you get a good un!
Most people can manage to keep the oil and oil/air filter changed. the biggest surprise for me was spliting the frame on an r1200cl to get to the airbox to reseal a plastic tube.
the Bmers came out with all the toys long before the rest of the market caught up i.e. cruise control,stereos,intergrated ABS, etc,etc.
I rode BMW's for over 20 years but i wouldn't go back to a shaft driven bike after the versys 1000. Not to mention the additional weight!
Enjoy your new Ride. :152: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

Offline doc

• Versys Pro
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 04:31:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by fishforpike [+]
My only criticism of the modern boxers is they're over engineered. If you need to get to the battery you're in for a shock, parts and labour if they do it are $$$$$$. if the abs goes out of waranty its about $2000 +vat for the parts only.
Most people can manage to keep the oil and oil/air filter changed. the biggest surprise for me was spliting the frame on an r1200cl to get to the airbox to reseal a plastic tube.
the Bmers came out with all the toys long before the rest of the market caught up i.e. cruise control,stereos,intergrated ABS, etc,etc.
I rode BMW's for over 20 years but i wouldn't go back to a shaft driven bike after the versys 1000. Not to mention the additional weight!

if i get a good un ...I hope it will be as its brand new.. Problems..I will worry about that when the warranty runs out.Shaft drive is a bonus for me..
But i am sure i will enjoy it.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 07:13:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by fishforpike [+]

The weight difference betwee the Versys 1000 and GS  isn't really that much   :169:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics

waggish