Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: May 1964  (Read 645 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 7448
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
  • Country: gb
Re: May 1964
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 07:20:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
I saw 'em in Dallas in 1964... an unforgettable experience. I still have an unused ticket to that show. A friend was going to go with me but he decided at the last minute the Beatles were stupid and he didn't want to go. In other words his parents decided he couldn't go. Poor bastard. Forever deprived of an experience never to be repeated in Dallas. :007:

The sale of that unused ticket might result in enough funds to enable the replacement of a bike or two Sonny  :whistle:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Sonny

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2219
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
  • Country: us
Re: May 1964
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 02:34:42 PM »
I have considered the possibility of selling it, but I have very few mementos of childhood, almost none, and that one is particularly personal and powerful. Don't think I'd ever part with it.  :761:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 7448
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
  • Country: gb
Re: May 1964
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 03:03:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
I have considered the possibility of selling it, but I have very few mementos of childhood, almost none, and that one is particularly personal and powerful. Don't think I'd ever part with it.  :761:

It's value is clearly worth far more than a few $    :169:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline 100milesaway

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4087
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
  • Country: england
Re: May 1964
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2018, 06:03:27 AM »
Hi Rog,
Lyn here, i remember hitch hiking down to Kent, with one of my girlfriends we were dropped off at The Rising Sun ( Johnsons Motorbike Cafe) and then taken, by motorbike to  The Johnsons brothers cafe in Staplehurst as we were fruit picking. We camped in the orchards for 4 months and i recall sitting in the apple trees at the road side pelting the mods with apples as they made their way to Hastings. Also doing afew trips up to the isle of sheppy, with a couple of bikes with coffin shaped chairs, these were filled with buckets of whitewash. We had stirrup pumps and had a jolly old time chasing the mods.Those were the days.....and you thought what a nice young lass Geoffs bird was.... :008:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 7448
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
  • Country: gb
Re: May 1964
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2018, 07:11:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Hi Rog,
Lyn here, i remember hitch hiking down to Kent, with one of my girlfriends we were dropped off at The Rising Sun ( Johnsons Motorbike Cafe) and then taken, by motorbike to  The Johnsons brothers cafe in Staplehurst as we were fruit picking. We camped in the orchards for 4 months and i recall sitting in the apple trees at the road side pelting the mods with apples as they made their way to Hastings. Also doing afew trips up to the isle of sheppy, with a couple of bikes with coffin shaped chairs, these were filled with buckets of whitewash. We had stirrup pumps and had a jolly old time chasing the mods.Those were the days.....and you thought what a nice young lass Geoffs bird was.... :008:

Lyn, you clearly have hidden talents, I'm both amazed and impressed  :008: 

Good on yer girl  :028:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline 100milesaway

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4087
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
  • Country: england
Re: May 1964
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2018, 01:34:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Lyn, you clearly have hidden talents, I'm both amazed and impressed  :008: 

Good on yer girl  :028:   
  Bloody hell.   :758:     I thought I was living with a nice pleasant and placid lady.  I didn't know that she had such a mischievous past.    :179:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 7448
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
  • Country: gb
Re: May 1964
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »
It seems that she's a 'Dark Horse' Geoff    :goggle:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline TowerMan

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 321
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
  • Country: scotland
Re: May 1964
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2018, 05:19:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
  Bloody hell.   :758:     I thought I was living with a nice pleasant and placid lady.  I didn't know that she had such a mischievous past.    :179:
Geoff

I would not like to cross / get on Lyn's wrong side, as I know now she would blast me away with her shotgun  :179: :178:

Richard  :008:
                  Details HERE  :123A:
And the on the V650 forum - www.versys.co.uk


Offline 100milesaway

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4087
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
  • Country: england
Re: May 1964
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2018, 06:14:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
Geoff

I would not like to cross / get on Lyn's wrong side, as I know now she would blast me away with her shotgun  :179: :178:

Richard  :008:
      Richard, you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of Lyn.     With or without the shotgun    :25: or else you will    :127:    :745:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

 



Recent Topics