Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Now ordered  (Read 3056 times)

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
Re: Now ordered
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 07:27:50 PM »
I think the least he should do is ride it over to the NVM @ Hawes in May, and then let us all have a go on it  :celebrate:

:008: :008:
                  Details HERE  :123A:
And the on the V650 forum - www.versys.co.uk

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2018, 08:22:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
They seem to think we want a bike that looks like a baby Orca.  :138:

:008:  very good Sonny... I see what you mean there   

*Originally Posted by Tony the oldie [+]
Very many congratulations Rog - that is decision-making of the highest calibre.  :152:

And your timing is superb - you get to ride the arse off your old bike in the 2 or 3 months of the worst weather with that good ole Norn Ireland rain washing mud off the fields on to the roads and cows spreading their shite far and wide.  And, this is the cleverest bit, it will be some poor wave slave at the dealers that has to clean it all off and shine the down tubes whilst you ride off with a carefree wave.  :008: :008:

Now befitting your honoured position as first new owner on this Forum we look forward to your forthcoming tour of Great Britain and welcoming you as you visit us humble souls so that we can see your bike in its emerald plumage.  It should only take you about 3 weeks to cover this little island.  Do let us know when we can expect you so we can order bunting and beer.  :028:

Tony

very good Tony  :008: 

Except my bike is already at my local dealership and offered for sale, so until the new 'un arrives I'm bike-less  :003: 

*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
Congrats Rog...I had thought about getting one but decided on a Tiger 1200 instead.....That 1215 cc triple is pure joy and won me over immediately.... ... It now resides next to  my 16 Versys and they get along quite nicely together in the garage.... :001:

Nice one .... any pictures  :question:  or have I asked that question before  :034: 

*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
I think the least he should do is ride it over to the NVM @ Hawes in May, and then let us all have a go on it  :celebrate:

:008: :008:

Unfortunately Richard I'm heavily committed to events over here around the week of the N.W 200 so I won't be able to attend the NVM...............  and therefore you guys will have to rely upon my reviews to find out what its like  :008: 

Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online Crosshairs

• Versys God
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2018, 11:15:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]

Nice one .... any pictures  :question:  or have I asked that question before  :034: 

The day I got it...

That same day  I changed the exhaust...

A few days later it came apart for a suspension upgrade....

and a few weeks later, all back together with nice new suspension  and ready to ride....

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2018, 06:15:37 AM »
Thanks for the pictures, you don't hang around when it comes to personalising your bike  :002: 

FWIW I think the later/smaller top box looks better than the one in the original picture  :028: 

And you seem to have an apprentice watching and learning from the front fender of the Harley   :008: 

Roger (Rog)

Offline longdog

• Versys God
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2018, 07:52:04 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
I have taken the plunge and ordered one of these in this colour (the fastest BTW)  :008: 

Worst part is that they aren't available till February March 2019   :016:   

Very nice indeed! Is it the full-house, electronic suspension model? I could definitely be tempted!!!!
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2018, 10:43:10 AM »
Yes, It is the one with all the high specification including KECS   :028: 

Roger (Rog)

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2018, 11:21:52 AM »
I'll be getting one but can't decide if to get the basic se and keep my luggage or just buy the GT.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2018, 04:02:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
I'll be getting one but can't decide if to get the basic se and keep my luggage or just buy the GT.

Your luggage will fit the new bike Floyd, but wont necessarily be the same matching colour, I believe that it is possible to purchase coloured panels to fit your luggage so as to match the bikes colour, but I imagine that a full set won't be cheap, but maybe more economical than purchasing a set of luggage, you would need to check the costs of each to see which works out best for you  :169:   

I decided not to remove/rob the panniers and top box of my GT version as the bike would then be missing some components that make it a GT

Roger (Rog)

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2018, 04:25:21 PM »
The colored panels are very expensive. Moreover, you may need to change the key cylinders which are expensive too.
Also the old scratched and discolored panniers on a new bike so beautiful...no, no... :182:

TYKE, may I ask how much discount did you obtain, if any?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2018, 07:19:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vespista1960 [+]
The colored panels are very expensive. Moreover, you may need to change the key cylinders which are expensive too.
Also the old scratched and discolored panniers on a new bike so beautiful...no, no... :182:

TYKE, may I ask how much discount did you obtain, if any?

I'm sorry but I  don't consider an open forum to be the  place to discuss my deal Vespista1960,  all I'm prepared to say is that I am happy with the 'cost to change' arrangements   :002: 
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 07:21:24 PM by TYKE »

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics