Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 Specs  (Read 1742 times)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: 2019 Specs
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2018, 09:18:04 AM »
A further thought Floyd......  The new headlights really are a massive improvement over the previous bikes headlights, not only are both lights illuminated for running on dip but also for high/main beam they are very bright... the new indicators and tail light are also exceptional  :169: 

I'm just about to see if I can get some pictures (that I took yesterday) onto the forum gallery  :028:
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
Thanks rog, I saw that the spots are lower down, can't say I like them as much in that position.
I've been wondering if there's parts I could do without hence thinking of buying a basic SE. I'll probably end up buying a gt like you have though.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2018, 09:47:09 AM »
PICTURES

Repositioned CAT,

Header pipes now reshaped, presumably to accommodate latest CAT 

Wider seat and new bodywork

Frontal (larger/wider) area and maybe different screen mounts.. the SE has a vented, larger touring style screen.

Latest switchgear (left side) 

Switchgear (right side)  note different start/ kill switch

T31 R Sport Touring Tyres

Instruments with 'lower' spec TFT.. (SE model has much more info on the TFT screen)... however this screen provides excellent and very clear information

I didn't try putting the bike onto its main/centre stand and hope the operation of this is still easy and hasn't been adversely affected by the re-positioning of the CAT  :exclamation: 

I haven't measured the screen mounts to see if GPS (above screen) bracket will fit or if any aftermarket screens fitted to previous Versys 1000 will transfer, I suspect that they may not  :125: 

I'm sure that current aftermarket exhaust systems will definitely not fit this bike as the configuration of the outlet from the CAT is completely different and exits at a much tighter angle  :exclamation:  However tge new exhaust is really very attractive and sounds quite good, although I only heard it in the showroom.

The throttle control is much, much smoother reflecting the new Electronic Throttle Valve system

I'm generally not a fan of Bridgestone tyres but will wait and see what these Sport/Touring versions are like

I'm bursting to try the new bike when mine arrives... my dealer has already sold all three of the three SE Grand Tourers that he is expecting, plus forward orders for other models are already healthy

Hope this helps

Roger (Rog)

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Master
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 09:55:59 AM »
I presume the starter button is the long top switch, spring loaded I take it in the lower position, so kill switch/starter switch is the same button.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 10:01:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
I presume the starter button is the long top switch, spring loaded I take it in the lower position, so kill switch/starter switch is the same button.

Yes that's correct, the longer top switch pushes upwards to turn off and pulls down to start

Also the headlight main beam switch whilst still located on the front of the left side controls kinda switches outwards which seems odd but actually feel right at the same time.... that sounds a bit daft  :033: 

EDIT:  look at the front area picture and you can see channels in the bodywork between the headlights and indicator mounting points, presumably these are designed to shift more air and wet away from the rider

I must say that it just seems like KHI have been reading posts on this and other forums about 'required improvements' on riders wish lists ....one thing I think that is not as good as it might be is the screen adjustment, whilst this can be done from the riders seat you still need to slacken two securing thumbwheels, adjust, and re tighten.. on the 1250 GS its simply a matter of turning thumbwheels mounted either side of the screen mounting brackets, this can be done easily from the riders seat and whilst on the move
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:07:47 AM by TYKE »

Roger (Rog)

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Master
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 10:42:17 AM »
I sat on one at the NEC and found I could get both feet on the ground, (I've a 40 mm lowering kit). Need to try one with the low seat, is the riders part of the seat wider, I thought I might struggle if it's wider without lowering the suspension.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2018, 11:22:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
I sat on one at the NEC and found I could get both feet on the ground, (I've a 40 mm lowering kit). Need to try one with the low seat, is the riders part of the seat wider, I thought I might struggle if it's wider without lowering the suspension.

I was a bit baffled about this Floyd because I asked my dealer if the Saddlecraft seat that I have for my 2017 bike would fit on the latest 2019 bike, he tried a standard seat from a 2017 bike on a 2019 model and informed me that it was very different and would not transfer across, apparently the whole seat is bigger....... it doesn't look much different though   :notsure:    I will check the accessory seat part number for the 2019 seat and compare it to the accessory seat for a 2017 model, maybe there is a difference

I'll wait until my new bike arrives and see for myself.....it's not that I don't trust my dealer (I do) but I just want to see for myself

I found the seat on the 2019 model yesterday very comfy, plus it didn't seem any higher due to being bigger than the seat I was used to riding with

Roger (Rog)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2018, 11:37:35 AM »
I can't make a comparison Floyd, the 2019 accessory seat is part # 41143 and is described as a "Low Seat" the previous model years is a "Comfort Gel seat" part # 40914

Roger (Rog)

Offline nocny

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF SC64
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2018, 12:13:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
PICTURES

/.../
Hope this helps
Do you have maybe more detail photos?