Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 Specs  (Read 1741 times)

Online kamperman69

• Versys Newbie
Re: 2019 Specs
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 02:51:50 PM »
 Thanks for  pics TYKE :37: Sorry if I missd it but is that one a SE or basic.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 08:10:16 PM »
That bike is the 'basic' model. .... I don't like using the word basic but it is the lowest priced model within the range which extends to 6 different models

The bike shown retails at £11,199.00 plus O.T.R charges
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online kamperman69

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 08:31:19 PM »
Thanks, Yep I get you.. Have to be Versys and Versys SE :169:
I one I was looking at on the web payse is the Versys 1000 GT for £12699. Which not a lot more than the old one?

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Vstrom 650
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 08:38:43 PM »
Good day,
I am a new member here. Have always been a big fan of Versys 1000 but only with 2019 release it knocked me out completely...
So, I went to local Ottawa dealer and received a good trade in offer for my current Vstrom 650. My wife gave me green light (surprisingly) and I am few days away from pulling the trigger... (so obviously luck of sleep is not an issue..  :lostit: )

I am aiming at fully loaded version, since its the bells and whistles that making this bike as sexy as it can get. Here in Canada it retails for 19,700 CAD + all applicable taxes + dealer fees. Dealers will sell it for 18,500 CAD if you ask very politely...  :007:

Its hard to tell if the color is good or bad since Kawasaki website pic is in black and white...  :157:

I might be jumping too early in to a "litter" category of bikes since I only had my Vstrom (and my motorcycle licence  :027: ) for a year and did about 15K km (10,000 miles) in total. But this summer I was lucky to try ridiculous number of different bikes (mainly attended local dealer events) including "bigger" engine bikes and fell in love with overall quality of build and components.

Vstrom 650 has soft suspension, not adequate brakes and slower response to steering due to 19" front tire... Offroading is not my thing, I do enjoy long days touring on my bike and hoping new Versys will excel at it.

Online Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2018, 10:44:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
A further thought Floyd......  The new headlights really are a massive improvement over the previous bikes headlights, not only are both lights illuminated for running on dip but also for high/main beam they are very bright...
From what you’ve seen so far, any chance for the 2019 headlight assembly to fit on a 2015-2018 V1000?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2018, 08:17:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by Claude [+]
From what you’ve seen so far, any chance for the 2019 headlight assembly to fit on a 2015-2018 V1000?

Claude I have no idea if that is possible or not, but my initial reaction is that the lights and the surrounding bodywork is totally different on the 2019 model...... so I don't think it would work  :151:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2018, 08:24:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by mr.ford [+]
Good day,
I am a new member here. Have always been a big fan of Versys 1000 but only with 2019 release it knocked me out completely...
So, I went to local Ottawa dealer and received a good trade in offer for my current Vstrom 650. My wife gave me green light (surprisingly) and I am few days away from pulling the trigger... (so obviously luck of sleep is not an issue..  :lostit: )

I am aiming at fully loaded version, since its the bells and whistles that making this bike as sexy as it can get. Here in Canada it retails for 19,700 CAD + all applicable taxes + dealer fees. Dealers will sell it for 18,500 CAD if you ask very politely...  :007:

Its hard to tell if the color is good or bad since Kawasaki website pic is in black and white...  :157:

I might be jumping too early in to a "litter" category of bikes since I only had my Vstrom (and my motorcycle licence  :027: ) for a year and did about 15K km (10,000 miles) in total. But this summer I was lucky to try ridiculous number of different bikes (mainly attended local dealer events) including "bigger" engine bikes and fell in love with overall quality of build and components.

Vstrom 650 has soft suspension, not adequate brakes and slower response to steering due to 19" front tire... Offroading is not my thing, I do enjoy long days touring on my bike and hoping new Versys will excel at it.

Welcome along mr.ford

Can you clarify if you are about to order a 2019 model or one of the previous models, as you say you want a "fully loaded version".... converting the prices that you quote doesn't help for comparison with UK prices, but would indicate that you are looking at the more 'basic' 2019 Versys 1000 not the top of the range model  :notsure: 

In any event the Versys 1000 is a big leap forward from the VStrom 650, which although very capable is a very much different bike to the Versys

Good luck with your deliberations and keep us all posted  :002:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline Dogslow

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys1000
  • City / Town: Stockton on tees
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2018, 12:57:52 PM »
Just popped in to say hiya and I like the look of the new model.I just can't get my head around the fact that I have paid less for a brand new three bed semi detached house.(62 years old)I also find it very funny that Nissan in England think a top of the range Micra is well over £20,000 .
Anyway I may keep my eye open for a slightly used one for thousands less when they become 1 year old.I think white still looks the fastest colour.Hope you are all ok.By the way I am appearing in Ride magazine in either January/Feb 2019 with two of my buddies in the south of France with my new beast and you know what that is Merry Xmas to you all

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Vstrom 650
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 04:02:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Welcome along mr.ford

Can you clarify if you are about to order a 2019 model or one of the previous models, as you say you want a "fully loaded version".... converting the prices that you quote doesn't help for comparison with UK prices, but would indicate that you are looking at the more 'basic' 2019 Versys 1000 not the top of the range model  :notsure: 

In any event the Versys 1000 is a big leap forward from the VStrom 650, which although very capable is a very much different bike to the Versys

Good luck with your deliberations and keep us all posted  :002:

Hi TYKE,
Thanks for reply!

Yes, I am looking in to new 2019 fully loaded Versys 1000. Here in Canada, with low CAD currency we are lucky to have these prices the way they are. Yes, fully loaded 2019 Kawasaki Versys was quoted at $18,500 CAD. I did not ask about the basic version, but I assume it will be around $15,500 CAD.

I did not pre-order it yet.., but all the negotiations with my dealer are done and I simply need to pull the trigger. The deal was, he will get my Vstrom and I will pay the difference once the new bike arrives (sometime in March).

I am a big fan of Versys, but believe it or not, here in North America, Versys 1000 is not a popular bike. Despite the fact, that we have gazillion kms of endless highways.

From my experience, all the "offroadness" I was hoping Vstrom will give me turned out to be not my case at all. I am a kind of guy who like to hit the road at 7am. Cross the border with US at 8am and be somewhere 600 miles away by evening...

The second bike I was seriously considering was Yamaha Super Tenere. But with the new Versys 1000 toys (electronic suspension, cruse control, new dash etc..) I am sold to Versys 1000.

Now it will be a long winter waiting for all the snow to melt to try the new bike.  :031:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 07:47:08 PM »
The Versys will not dissapoint you, it is a stunning bike, the Super 10 is a fine bike (I owned a ZE electronic suspension model in 2014) it was very good .......  but, not nearly as good as the big Versys   :002:   

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics