Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2019 Specs  (Read 2747 times)

Offline doboy

• Versys Pro
Re: 2019 Specs
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2018, 07:59:25 PM »
Called at my local kawasaki dealer today and they had the new models in ...but ...i have to say i think kawasaki have spoilt the look of it ...its that new front fairing under the screen ..it just looks very odd , there was nothing wrong with the shape of the 2018 model a lovely looking bike ..but i couldnt open my garage door to look at that front end .. :151:

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2018, 08:19:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
The Versys will not dissapoint you, it is a stunning bike, the Super 10 is a fine bike (I owned a ZE electronic suspension model in 2014) it was very good .......  but, not nearly as good as the big Versys   :002:
Made up my mind! Many thanks for sharing your experience, specially in comparison to the Yamaha Super10!

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2018, 08:32:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by mr.ford [+]
Made up my mind! Many thanks for sharing your experience, specially in comparison to the Yamaha Super10!

And what's your decision 😉

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2018, 09:10:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by doboy [+]
Called at my local kawasaki dealer today and they had the new models in ...but ...i have to say i think kawasaki have spoilt the look of it ...its that new front fairing under the screen ..it just looks very odd , there was nothing wrong with the shape of the 2018 model a lovely looking bike ..but i couldnt open my garage door to look at that front end .. :151:

It wouldn't  be much fun if we all liked the same things, and shared the same opinions, I like the 2015 Versys but actually prefer the latest 2019 incarnation which I believe /hope will offer even more weather protection     :169:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 01:53:00 AM »
It wouldn't  be much fun if we all liked the same things, and shared the same opinions, I like the 2015 Versys but actually prefer the latest 2019 incarnation which I believe /hope will offer even more weather protection     :169:

I am not sure on the 2019 Versys1000 as to its styling , havent seen one live yet  looks good in pics and the videos show it more in depth ..
to tell the truth though i hope my 2015 is the better looking of the two because i am somewhat jealous of the new bike , it has some features and benefits that stand out with its peers and i like the way Kawasaki has thrown down the gauntlet as of late , with its other models aswell  the 900RS  and the H2  series bikes for example.
Another thing ..when you consider how good a bike the older models are and where the new one is going , it makes me proud just to have a V1 .
For me my 2015 is still new , i purchased it as a carry over in early March 2017....it sat there ignored till i came along and i just want to ride it , i am still in that infatuation period believe of not .
In 2022 there will be most likely a new version of the Versys 1000 and it will be better in some ways than the 2019 it has to be , it has to sell.
So on it goes as per usual and if i still have my 2015 then it will still be a pretty nice motorcycle .

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 02:30:20 AM by Keener »

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2018, 02:41:07 AM »
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
And what's your decision 😉
Going for the VERSYS 1000 ABS LT SE. Ordering this week. I stopped by the dealer tonight, but my sales guy was off. December and January in Canada are the slowest months...
They told me the bike should be in Canada by March.

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2018, 02:45:36 AM »
*Originally Posted by Keener [+]

I am not sure on the 2019 Versys1000 as to its styling , havent seen one live yet  looks good in pics and the videos show it more in depth ..
to tell the truth though i hope my 2015 is the better looking of the two because i am somewhat jealous of the new bike , it has some features and benefits that stand out with its peers and i like the way Kawasaki has thrown down the gauntlet as of late , with its other models aswell  the 900RS  and the H2  series bikes for example.
Another thing ..when you consider how good a bike the older models are and where the new one is going , it makes me proud just to have a V1 .
For me my 2015 is still new , i purchased it as a carry over in early March 2017....it sat there ignored till i came along and i just want to ride it , i am still in that infatuation period believe of not .
In 2022 there will be most likely a new version of the Versys 1000 and it will be better in some ways than the 2019 it has to be , it has to sell.
So on it goes as per usual and if i still have my 2015 then it will still be a pretty nice motorcycle .
Now imagine how I feel with Vstrom 650... :)
In my biased opinion the new Versys 2019 is super sexy. My friend thinks its ugly...  :027: Go figure.

Online Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2018, 02:50:55 AM »
Claude I have no idea if that is possible or not, but my initial reaction is that the lights and the surrounding bodywork is totally different on the 2019 model...... so I don't think it would work
That’s also what I think; I asked just in case. Those toolings are expensive so maybe they would have retooled only the inners; who knows...

Offline Dannyboy1949

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Medford, Oregon
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2018, 04:35:40 PM »
I really like the '19. Seems that KAW listened to their customers and did it right.
My '17 with the additions I've made suits me very well so the new one would not be an upgrade warranting the additional cost.  I'm guessing I'd have to kick in around $10k after selling mine to buy a new Vk1. The only thing I need that the new one has is cruise control but for around $800 I can install the MC Cruise...and suddenly that seems pretty reasonable :) I'm seriously considering doing the install in a few months.

BUT...if I were shopping for a new bike a Vk1 SE would be on my short short list! Looks like a gem.
I used to do self deprecating humor, but I wasn't very good at it.

Recent Topics