Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: pros and cons  (Read 1641 times)

Offline uralrob

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 V1k, 2008 V650
  • City / Town: Bridgewater N.S.
Re: pros and cons
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 02:52:20 AM »

Which aftermarket seat did you get, Justa_Poser?

It looks good and appears to get rid of the forward slope  :028: .

Rob.

Offline Justa_Poser

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Missouri, USA
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 03:14:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by uralrob [+]

Which aftermarket seat did you get, Justa_Poser?

It looks good and appears to get rid of the forward slope  :028: .

Rob.

OK, that is the factory seat in that picture.   It DOES look nice and flat, doesn't it?  I wonder if they redesigned the shape from one year to the next?

Soooo - I got a Corbin seat.   It's nice.      :169: :169: :169:
Sorry, don't have any pictures.

No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline Dannyboy1949

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Medford, Oregon
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2018, 03:21:28 PM »
Funny thing about motorcycles: Almost NOBODY (in the USA anyway) NEEDS one. That narrows down the number of those who NEED the latest and greatest to, well, nobody except pro-racers. The pre-2019 Vk1 like my 2017 model is a fantastic motorcycle for the price and no amount of factory updates detract from that. 42-50 MPG fuel mileage. Amazing smooth low end power. Excellent comfort with bar risers, seat mod, and better windshield.

That being said: I'd buy the '19 if I were shopping today and only looking at the KAW. Why not? You know it's what you want! I doubt you'd regret it. Otherwise, buy a like-new used '17 or '18 and use the thousands of $ saved for something else.

Decisions decisions  :187:
I used to do self deprecating humor, but I wasn't very good at it.

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2018, 06:50:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dannyboy1949 [+]
Funny thing about motorcycles: Almost NOBODY (in the USA anyway) NEEDS one. That narrows down the number of those who NEED the latest and greatest to, well, nobody except pro-racers. The pre-2019 Vk1 like my 2017 model is a fantastic motorcycle for the price and no amount of factory updates detract from that. 42-50 MPG fuel mileage. Amazing smooth low end power. Excellent comfort with bar risers, seat mod, and better windshield.

That being said: I'd buy the '19 if I were shopping today and only looking at the KAW. Why not? You know it's what you want! I doubt you'd regret it. Otherwise, buy a like-new used '17 or '18 and use the thousands of $ saved for something else.

Decisions decisions  :187:
Funny you mentioned - buy a used. My dealer has a 2017 used Versys 1000 in black with 3,000km on it and lots of accessories. The guy who bought it this year ended up trading it in for a 4 wheeler offroad machine 2 month after he bought it. If you are looking for a base model 2019, this is a good deal to consider.

Dealer sells it for 12,000 CAD or 8,999 USD. If someone is interested, its in Ottawa, Canada. Let me know and I will post dealer's phone number.

The bike looks/feels new.

Recent Topics