Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi pannier holders question  (Read 423 times)

Offline Blue

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: UK
Givi pannier holders question
« on: December 15, 2018, 04:05:21 PM »
Hi - I took delivery of my 2018 V1K GT yesterday, and as its filthy weather today, I spent a couple of hours peeling off the labels and deciding what changes are needed. I do quite a bit of camping and trips away, and I reckon those stock panniers are going to be too small, especially when I take a pillion away with me. I kept the Trekker panniers from my old bike, and it looks like Givi PLR4120 will allow me to use them on the Versys.

My question is, if I fit the PLR4120 panniers holders, will I still be able to use the stock panniers if I quick release the PLR4120? I'd like to be able to switch between the two pannier sets - the stock panniers for normal use, and the Trekkers when I'm doing long trips and need the extra space. As far as  can tell from the instructions, nothing is removed during fitting, but perhaps the additional brackets get in the way of the stock cases?

Thanks for any help.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: Givi pannier holders question
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 04:16:19 PM »
I can't say for sure, I had quick fit pannier rails on my 2012 Versys 1000 but the fitting was different back then

It occurs to me that this fitting instruction info might just help answer your question  :notsure: 

https://media.givi.it/XN-Prodotti/istruzioni/PLR4120.pdf   

Part shown as # 16 would seem to be the possible obstruction... either way it will be easily removable
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Blue

• Versys Member
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 09:59:52 PM »
If that's the only part I need to remove/replace each time, I can live with that. PLR4120 being added to Santa's list.

Offline Old-Hippy

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1K, VFR750
  • City / Town: Bedford, UK
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 10:21:12 PM »
Keep us posted, I might want to do the same :)

Cheers

John

Offline Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 03:13:36 PM »
It is part #4 that need to be swapped and replaced with OEM one each time you want to use Givis or OEM bags.

Offline Blue

• Versys Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 02:53:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Claude [+]
It is part #4 that need to be swapped and replaced with OEM one each time you want to use Givis or OEM bags.
Darn....you're right, of course. I'm going to have to think a bit more about this. Maybe I'll just leave my pillion at home and make do with the OEM panniers.

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 07:16:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by Blue [+]
Darn....you're right, of course. I'm going to have to think a bit more about this. Maybe I'll just leave my pillion at home and make do with the OEM panniers.
Blue

The other problem area will be "Item C" as the OEM pannier just covers this bolt mounting point, not allowing the fitment of Item C at the same time as the OEM pannier  :157:

Richard  :028:
                  Details HERE  :123A:
And the on the V650 forum - www.versys.co.uk

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 07:45:49 PM »
It's becoming apparent that SWMBO needs to pack in a more frugal manner  ...........  or stop at home  :008:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 12:00:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by Blue [+]
Or get a second set of smaller monokey Givi bags.
I do have the same PLR4120 support and I can use it with either my E41 or E21 pair of bags. OEM bags are currently collecting dust... :002:

Recent Topics