Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: The 176 Mile Versys MK3 Test Ride  (Read 8029 times)

Online TallyRex

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
Re: The 176 Mile Versys MK3 Test Ride
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2019, 09:23:35 PM »
I'm pretty sure we will only get the SE here in the States and for that money I'll stick with my Gen II

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
  • Adventure Before Dementia
  • Bike: Ex 2017 GT Owner
  • City / Town: Newark, Notts
« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2019, 09:53:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]

Unfortunately, it looks like the screen mounting supports are wider than on the previous model, which means that my 'above the instruments' Sat Nav bracket may not transfer across to my new bike....... when it arrives 

There is a cowling around the instrument cluster - in the video at the 2-minute mark - that would get in the way. It may be possible to put something across the top of the screen uprights.

I've always prefered my GPS (phone based) in portrait mode, so hanging off the mirror arm has always been my default position. If landscape is your thing, then the mount across the handlebar yoke is about the only option.
I was seduced by a 1000SX and gave into temptation

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
  • Adventure Before Dementia
  • Bike: Ex 2017 GT Owner
  • City / Town: Newark, Notts
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2019, 10:04:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]

Something I noticed: there are no red rear reflectors on either the panniers or the tail of the bike. I thought that was a legal requirement... it is in the US, as an important night safety feature.

The reflector is below the number plate (3:36 to 3:40 in the video). I think I just missed it on the White Versys

*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]

After 2 years in service, my Mk2 is just getting its legs. I am not much of a prospect for either 2019 bike. But, I will be thinking, damn, if only I could swing it, I'd have one...

Me too. I did ask the upgrade question and the answer was pretty good. Yet "good", even pretty good would not get past Senior Management. August perhaps when there are a few more around and maybe a deal on the Tourer kit (or something like that) will sweeten the deal

To the "is it worth it" question - I think so.
I was seduced by a 1000SX and gave into temptation

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2019, 11:16:31 PM »
The Fog Light switch looks like it is in a hard to reach position now  :027:

Richard    :001:           

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2019, 11:34:31 AM »
*Originally Posted by Himself [+]
There is a cowling around the instrument cluster - in the video at the 2-minute mark - that would get in the way. It may be possible to put something across the top of the screen uprights.

I've always prefered my GPS (phone based) in portrait mode, so hanging off the mirror arm has always been my default position. If landscape is your thing, then the mount across the handlebar yoke is about the only option.

I will be trying to fit the 'above instrument' mounting because for me the standard type mounting (top yolk) doesn't fall into my line of vision very well plus I have found in the past that the instrument panel is partially obscured when a device is fitted in this position

I will be watching mother Kawasaki's accessory listings, or elsewhere, for a 'proper' mounting bracket  :169: 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2019, 12:49:12 PM »
@Mr.Ford, Not quite what you requested but here is a walk around video of the 2019 Versys Tourer and standard Versys 1000, oh and 1000 something called a Ninja H2  :5:
Thanks man!  :763:

Very nice walk around! It helps with accessories selection too!
To be honest, I like this white/black combination more than orange... For NA black/white version looks different and I can't wait to see it.

Wow, I did a currency conversion from Pound sterling to Canadian Dollars and was shocked! £11,899 = $20,300 CAD. Now, in Canada 2019 VERSYS 1000 ABS LT SE fully loaded model MSRP goes for $19,799 CAD which is equivalent to £11,614. With 5% winter discount you can buy a fully loaded SE model here for £11,000...  :760:

https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/versys-1000-abs-lt-se

We should not be complaining here in Canada.

p.s. I did attend a motorcycle show last weekend and asked Kawasaki NA guy if this is true that due to low CAD Kawasaki will not bring many of these bikes to Canada. He said its more true than false. Basically they have shipped X units to Canada and unlike before, this is ALL Canada is going to get. So if you missed to get one, there will be absolutely no more until next year.. Who knows what the price gonna be with Trump putting more tariffs on steel and aluminum...  :019:

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2019, 12:54:31 PM »
If there's a green SE GT 2019 in Canada it would be worth me coming over and buying it, ride it for 6 months then ship it back to the UK.

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2019, 12:55:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
I'm pretty sure we will only get the SE here in the States and for that money I'll stick with my Gen II

You should get one from Canada. With strong US dollar you are looking at 12,000 USD. Not bad?

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2019, 12:57:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
If there's a green SE GT 2019 in Canada it would be worth me coming over and buying it, ride it for 6 months then ship it back to the UK.
Noup, no green. Only one color - black and white, but different from Himself video:

https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/versys-1000-abs-lt-se

Yes, doing what you plan will be the best strategy hands down. The only thing is, reserve one ASAP since they are hot item...

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2019, 02:55:38 PM »
To the "is it worth it" question - I think so.
Himself, looking at your nicely done video and some others from the bike show, it looks like the front fender did not change from previous model. I am thinking of ordering a front fender extender.

Another question to everyone. What is the better option - Kawasaki original crush sliders for Versys 1000 or some real crush bars like SW Motech or GIVI?

Once again, many thanks to Himself for providing information (in all formats) to the thirsty North Americans who were left in the dark here...  :763:

Recent Topics