TYKE TYKE
5 Posts
Dinodog Dinodog
2 Posts
Sir Rupert Sir Rupert
2 Posts
Bob van der Hoeven
2 Posts

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Another what tires are you running and how are they holding up.  (Read 2105 times)

Offline Dannyboy1949

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Medford, Oregon
Re: Another what tires are you running and how are they holding up.
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2019, 04:02:34 AM »
Replaced the OEM rear tire with a Pirelli Angel GT at about 7k miles. The annoying and present-since-new over-reaction to road defects such as paralleling ridges instantly disappeared. THAT was a welcome surprise, as I'd always blamed the front tire for the problem. I'll replace the front tire at the beginning of the riding season this year.

The Angel GT has a great reputation and I have confidence the tire will live up to it.
I used to do self deprecating humor, but I wasn't very good at it.

Online Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2019, 04:09:28 PM »
PR4 GT works very well for me ...long life ,great feed back as to cornering , and in general for two up touring with full load I have no issues .
On the other hand some here would be better off with another brand because they would use the bike differently .

Tire threads are pretty subjective and what works well for some do not for others .
My PR4 GT  are well worn and in the spring I will need  another set if they are not available, I will be in the market for something else ..maybe the 5 ...not sure as of yet …
plus I have to consider this year I will be touring alone moreover.. less weight,  faster cornering speeds, and probably shorter distance so a different tire may be best ..we shall see .
Price comes into play as well ….eh

lots of great tires out there to choose from as well

« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 04:11:01 PM by Keener »

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2019, 05:10:48 PM »
A subjective thing indeed. It's as if each rider has to wear through several brands before settling on a general preference, and then it's seldom the preference of the next guy. We ride in different ways, in different environments, with different expectations.  :188: :002:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 02:23:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Hades [+]
Hi Bro. Cheapest PR5 for the rear is RM 750 from Chan Bikers in Shah Alam. In case you are eager to try. :)

Hi Hades. Thanks, Bro.  :028:

Good thing our V comes 17 inch standard, many good tires to choose from.
This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Offline fishforpike

• Versys Member
  • Bike: KLZ VERSYS 1000
  • City / Town: Galway
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2019, 10:01:41 AM »
Just Changed from bridgestones T30''s got 10,000 miles front and rear to the michelin pilot 4, they have a better rep for driving in the wet which is the main stay in Galway Ireland. We'll have to see. :celebrate:

Recent Topics