Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Rear rack and top case question  (Read 204 times)

Offline jbobst

• Versys Member
Rear rack and top case question
« on: December 30, 2018, 03:28:24 PM »
When I  bought my used 2016 V1K last summer, it came with a Kawasaki rear rack that is a top case base plate.  But no top case.  Looking on Kawasaki's website, it looks like they sell a KQR 47 Liter top case for $274, but then I have to buy trim pieces, a key system, and back pad to complete it.  Is there a cheaper aftermarket alternative that will work with my base plate?  I don't need it lockable necessarily, but it would be nice to have extra storage, and more importantly a back rest for the occasional ride with my wife.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: Rear rack and top case question
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2018, 04:06:29 PM »
The Kawasaki branded cases are basically GIVI product.

I'm not aware of any cases that don't lock and having a matched key is useful but, for me, not essential

So, I would recommend a GIVI Monokey case which should fit directly onto your existing top box plate, if you want/need a back rest then they are readily available through a GIVI supplier

The GIVI range is very extensive and you should find something that suits your pocket and meets your needs, GIVI is also great quality, I have a Maxia case which has been on several different bikes over a good few years and it is still great

Good luck  :028:   

Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys Master
  • Knows bugger all
  • Bike: V1K Mk1-GL1800 '13
  • City / Town: Buckley
Re: Rear rack and top case question
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 01:11:51 PM »
You can also look at the Kappa range, which are also produced by Givi but at a budget price point (in comparison with Givi!)
The Kappa range also secure the same as the Givi and the base plates are interchangeable. Just make sure to use the same type, either Monokey or Monolock, depending on your base plate.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Recent Topics