Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New member, thought I'd say hello. Great forum.  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
  • Adventure Before Dementia
  • Bike: Ex 2017 GT Owner
  • City / Town: Newark, Notts
Re: New member, thought I'd say hello. Great forum.
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 07:17:32 PM »
Greetings SMacIsaac  :002:

At the request of Senior Management, I replaced my end can with a Delkavic. The objective was to make a little more noise in traffic and town, thereby increasing the likely hood of people knowing I was there, without annoying people.

I still have the CAT installed and the pipe burbles rather than ruins peoples day. Fully legal in the UK. The great by-product of the end can is that it unbungs to the motor. It doesn't produce more power or suddenly find 20 lbs of hidden torque, but it does allow the motor to breath more easily.

https://delkevic.co.uk/silencer-kits/Kawasaki/KLZ1000%20VERSYS%20/2017/kawasaki-klz1000-versys-2015-18-350mm-dl10-carbon-road-legal-silencer-kit-.html

Whatever you decide ... Welcome

I was seduced by a 1000SX and gave into temptation

Offline BikerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Ex-2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 12:29:27 AM »
 :185: to the forum SMacIsaac, I hope you enjoy your new V1K. I am sure you will  :152:

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 02:28:41 AM »
 :185: SMacIsaac,

Anyone can give their 2 cents. All that doesn't matter if you're smiling grinning under the lid  :1:

:031:
This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Offline SMacIsaac

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 1000LT; Wing; BMW
  • City / Town: Florida
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 03:49:47 AM »
I'm still having a bit of a time with the icons on this site to reply to one or all messages but that's OK.  I'll figure it out!
Already feeling the affinity of devotees to a particular brand to welcome newcomers. 
Now seems to me it's not about the 'brand,' it's about welcoming somebody in.  The brand-specific fora I've enjoyed, jeez, airhead boxers, old bmws; the KLR community (what a great bunch); most of the KTM fora [we have an ancient 2000 300EXC]; the hugely great gurus on the KDX sites [we have a '98 200KDX]; and everybody -- literally everyone--on too-numerous-too-mention Wing sites.

The fora are all different.  The good ones are the ones that realize it has nothing to do with the brand or the model, or the type of talk (maintenance, suspension, etc.)  It's about talking.

Did the lube-and-whack protocol on bags and worked fine.  Which was nice, took it out early AM sans bags, after putting 100 miles on it since purchase yesterday riding low power/max trac,and it was fun to feel the linearity of the full power mode.

Well, I just love this bike. 

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 05:53:32 AM »
The luggage, even empty, changes the feeling of the bike. I leave 'em off unless needed.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline SMacIsaac

• Versys Member
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2019, 06:17:48 AM »
Seem so; makes sense.  I fit a Givi top to my KLR several years ago, great kit, but it changed the 'handling', if that's an appropriate word for the KLR!  Which I dearly loved: didn't really ride it off road, but it could hop curbs and run around alleys like a mouse!
As I believe I posted in intro, I've had a '05 wing since '08, but the 880 pounds is getting to me at 64, with recent hernia surgery.  Gotta sell it, but a 10 mile ride on this used Versys confirmed my sense after reading many reviews that the weight, ergos, etc., were correct for me.  Throttle response is like a rheostat, roll on rivals my Wing.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2019, 07:20:30 AM »
Well sMacIsaac it seems that you have now realised what a great supportive forum this is, which is good news  :2: 

You wll soon familiarise yourself with the forum functionality I'm sure

I too have owned several off road bikes over many years, (Trials, Trail and MX bikes) it's interesting to me that you also have enjoyed off road bikes   :028:     

Good luck with your Versys 1000, which I'm certain you wil grow to enjoy more and more each ride 

Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline TallyRex

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2019, 10:43:34 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
The luggage, even empty, changes the feeling of the bike. I leave 'em off unless needed.

I also leave them off but mainly because I kept scuffing them while getting on or off

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2019, 05:59:17 PM »
Hello MacIsaac welcome to the forum and happy new year!
The main point is invisible for the eyes

Offline SMacIsaac

• Versys Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2019, 10:43:28 PM »
Yes, when I bought it two days ago it had a scuff or two from previous owner.  Now it has several more; time for toothpaste.  Also, I'll stand on left peg (w/mill off and bike in first!) to mount and dismount.  Too oldfor a massive leg lift!

Recent Topics

waggish