Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Shoulder Mounted Go Pro + Boring Video  (Read 517 times)

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
  • Adventure Before Dementia
  • Bike: Ex 2017 GT Owner
  • City / Town: Newark, Notts
Shoulder Mounted Go Pro + Boring Video
« on: January 05, 2019, 07:52:55 PM »
Having been unable to find a suitable place to mount my Go Pro on the Versys, I thought I'd give a should mount a try. A massive £7.99 from Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0111SPOXW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Worked well. Ultimately the slight restriction the mounting causes, when I want to turn my head to look left (shoulder check), was annoying. You can hear me clunk into the camera about 10 seconds in. I've now ordered a £6.99 chest mount.

As a view, it works well, and with a little work, I could straighten the horizon. Having the speedo shown so clearly, obviously isn't a problem for the quality of upstanding community-minded individuals that inhabit the beloved forum (or claiming it was set for KPM and not MPH :745:)

As for the remaining 18 minutes of the video... Remember you won't ever get that time back ... Enjoy ... :033:

I was seduced by a 1000SX and gave into temptation

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: Shoulder Mounted Go Pro + Boring Video
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 06:42:37 AM »
Mounting directly on the bike is the best option although not always as easy as a chest or shoulder strap, the quality of the video is good even if the roads were somewhat uninteresting. ......  BTW  I managed to avoid watching all of the clip   :008:   

What is the attachment on your rear view mirror arm  :question:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 07:27:29 AM »
I have been unable to find a suitable place on the Versys to mount the sticky pad.

I wish to avoid the paintwork, so I'm limited to the black plastic and advice from TTKiwis ( video maker I know from New Zealand) a frame of reference (part of the bike) is needed to give the video context. No floating cameras in space  :001: I have no idea.

Best I have come up with is a plate that uses the bolts holding the frame slider - remove the two 6mm bolts, use a longer bolt and a spacer, then a plate and secure the Go Pro to the plate. All I need to do is make it :012:

The clip on the mirror arm is for the GPS. I use an Ultimate Addons waterproof case

Running the excellent (and cheap!) MyRouteApp (https://www.myrouteapp.com/routelab) on an old Samsung mobile

Glad you avoided all of the video. I wanted to see how it held up over a longish run. For an old Go Pro Hero 3, I'm impressed

Online Crosshairs

• Versys God
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2019, 11:46:48 AM »
My camera is mounted right out front near the little black grill.....Its screwed to the fairing as i also dont trust the sticky mounts... I use a Garmin virb which is  controlled through my GPS  which makes it very simple....

On my Triumph its also found out front but I use a cable thats secured to the frame and camera to protect that one is case the mount fails as there is no where to put screws that wouldn't look hinky

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2019, 05:20:28 PM »
The solution I found was to add a 6mm threaded Ram ball mount to the SWM GPS above clocks mount.  :031:

I was then able to mount my Drift Stealth like this  :028:

Adding another 6mm Ram ball mount to the other side will allow me to add another item as and when necessary  :756:

Richard  :008:

Richard    :001:           

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 08:02:08 PM »
That, sir, is a neat and tidy solution  :759:

Recent Topics