Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel Cleaner  (Read 2409 times)

Offline kris

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
Re: Fuel Cleaner
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2019, 05:44:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
I put 1 fluid oz. of acetone in every tank. That maintains near sterile cleanliness in the fuel system and engine, and the exhaust pipe passes the while glove test... no carbon, no white dusty crap makes it that far. Combustion is complete, every BTU of energy is consumed.

does not it have corrosive properties and is bad for the seals?

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys God
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2019, 05:58:08 PM »
I put 1 fluid oz. of acetone in every tank. That maintains near sterile cleanliness in the fuel system and engine, and the exhaust pipe passes the while glove test... no carbon, no white dusty crap makes it that far. Combustion is complete, every BTU of energy is consumed.

LOL, and some of you were worried about Ethanol.....  :008: :008:

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2019, 06:22:51 PM »
Many people have a hard block about this... I never try to convince them.

I've used it in every car, truck, bike, lawn mower for 25 years with excellent results and zero problems related to it -- never a bad seal, mechanical problem, fuel pump or filter problem,  nothing. In aggregate, a quarter million miles or more of fast starting, smooth running clean power from every engine.

Well... almost. I had a pawn shop string trimmer with some sort of cheap fuel line that was softened over a period of years. I replaced it with a better tubing which didn't soften.

But now I have a lithium battery string trimmer that has rendered finicky gas trimmers obsolete, and good riddance. I always hated those things.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys God
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 06:42:53 PM »
Many people have a hard block about this... I never try to convince them.

I've used it in every car, truck, bike, lawn mower for 25 years with excellent results and zero problems related to it -- never a bad seal, mechanical problem, fuel pump or filter problem,  nothing. In aggregate, a quarter million miles or more of fast starting, smooth running clean power from every engine.

Well... almost. I had a pawn shop string trimmer with some sort of cheap fuel line that was softened over a period of years. I replaced it with a better tubing which didn't soften.

But now I have a lithium battery string trimmer that has rendered finicky gas trimmers obsolete, and good riddance. I always hated those things.

Sonny, I dont disagree with anything you said... I just found it humorous that you posted this in a thread where people are afraid of ethanol in their fuel..a product that has been used by tens of  millions of motorists with no bad results.. :001:

As you well know, acetone is a very cheap cleaner and octane booster.... just buy a quality clean brand and all will be fine

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 06:55:21 PM »
Well, ethanol definitely sucks, on that all can agree. It is a good, measurable octane reducer and water wick.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline kris

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 07:06:44 PM »
yes, ethanol suck, and it is surprising that so many riders give in so complacently to the brainwashing of the corn/grain/crap companies that in the name of clean energy make heaps of money by screwing us. 

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys God
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 07:39:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by kris [+]
yes, ethanol suck, and it is surprising that so many riders give in so complacently to the brainwashing of the corn/grain/crap companies that in the name of clean energy make heaps of money by screwing us.

so your just assume that those who have no  issue with ethanol are brainwashed?..perhaps its you thats brain washed.
For every single article you can find saying how bad ethanol is, there is another one that will say just the opposite.

open your mind Kris..maybe the fuel problems you are experiencing are region specific, because as I stated before, i live in a state where there is nothing but ethanol fuel available, and it's been that way for over 15 years...not once, not ever has anyone I know had a fuel related problem.

I also work in a dealership that services thousands of vehicles a year..and not once, not ever have I seen any of these problems you say are so wide spread.

have there been some problems?, yes, Im sure there have..are they as big as you seem to think?...no, not even close

so please, let it go, stop pushing whatever agenda it is your pushing ,and please stop spreading bad information about a subject you clearly do not have an understanding of.

Well, ethanol definitely sucks, on that all can agree. It is a good, measurable octane reducer and water wick.

Just an FYI...ethanol has a higher octane rating than gasoline does.

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 07:47:13 PM »
Big Ag has meanwhile managed to get high fructose corn syrup into nearly every food product under the sun, wreaking severe havoc on public health.  :125:

I love corn on the cob, and corn tortillas, and cornbread, all buttered, mmmm. But all this other stuff, related to big money and lobbying influence and not in the public interest, uh-uh.  :151:

Crosshairs, I'm pretty sure there is 10 or 15% less energy in a gallon of ethanol than in one of gasoline. I misused the octane term which is a measure of detonation resistance.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 07:50:32 PM by Sonny »

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys God
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 08:16:56 PM »
Big Ag has meanwhile managed to get high fructose corn syrup into nearly every food product under the sun, wreaking severe havoc on public health.  :125:

I love corn on the cob, and corn tortillas, and cornbread, all buttered, mmmm. But all this other stuff, related to big money and lobbying influence and not in the public interest, uh-uh.  :151:

well, you don't need to worry about me defending corn syrup... :001:

Crosshairs, I'm pretty sure there is 10 or 15% less energy in a gallon of ethanol than in one of gasoline. I misused the octane term which is a measure of detonation resistance.

Fair enough, you are correct about the energy content..it is less than that of pure gasoline ...

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2019, 04:07:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by kris [+]

YES it is actually sad that people in general give in to the ethanol scam , there is more evidence to the crap that it is than anything positive ....bunch of sheep really .
After 28 years in the energy business , sitting down with my peers and discussing ethanol it is probably the biggest scam to ever hit the consumer , it is only based on the corn growers having another venue for their product and the profits that they have earned have been incredible ,and your government getting big pats on the bum from them come election time.
Yes you can get modern machines to run on the stuff , you can get an gas engine to run on most anything that creates octane it is the long term effects that will show up eventually.

But on it goes and its because of the follow the Gore , attitude that many sheep have they refuse to question just accept and everything will be just  fine .. in government they trust after all its for the common good eh .

Here you can buy still ...premium fuel that is 100% gasoline about 92 octane  ...when i use it in all my machines there is a marked improvement in fuel economy and power over blended fuel ...i would guess that those that are subjected to ethanol blended fuels Only available do not have that option and get used to the lower quality ethanol  fuels they are forced to use .
This may be an excuse that cannot be denied  :notsure:, and therefore its easy to accept crap for fuel as its all that is available and a little water in your fuel cant be all bad eh  :007:

Recent Topics