Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Movin' up!  (Read 1090 times)

Offline GrinchTed

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland
Movin' up!
« on: January 12, 2019, 10:01:18 AM »
Hi folks.....

Being one to follow forum etiquette, thought I'd introduce myself and say hello.
I'm moving over from the 650 Versys forum having just bought myself the new 2019 Versys 1000 GT SE with all the bells and whistles...... and in green!
Like Tyke, I have to wait until February/March before being able to scream, sing, swear and laugh inside my lid on that beautiful big fecker!

Needless to say I shall be milking you all for advice and information, whilst at the same time, inevitably sharing my cathartic unbridled happiness with everyone.
I apologise in advance.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 10:03:20 AM by GrinchTed »
Never argue with an idiot because they will pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: Movin' up!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 11:25:27 AM »
"Cathartic" eh.... we await with baited breath ..... any form of relief on here is much welcomed... so pull up a perch and join in the fun ....  :008:   

You are very welcome on here

OOI are you purchasing from Coleraine or Lisburn   :question:
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline GrinchTed

• Versys Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 11:41:03 AM »
Cheers Tyke.

Coleraine. Did the deal before Christmas and my 650GT is in the showroom being sold as we speak.
I will confess to also having a Harley IronXL as well......... but everyone knows if you own a Harley, you also need a real bike.  :008:

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:46:47 AM by GrinchTed »
Never argue with an idiot because they will pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 12:05:20 PM »
The good folk at Coleraine really are excellent and know how to look after a customer.

Like you my bike was P/Xd in November and was sold within a week.

I notice that your bikes are parked in a Disabled parking space  :notsure:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline GrinchTed

• Versys Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 12:16:37 PM »
Can't speak highly enough of everyone at MotorPlus.
As you rightly say, they really know how to look after a customer.

You? Coleraine or Lisburn?

I'm 58....... and even though I don't have an officially issued blue card, many would suggest I'm entitled to one by default.
I'm assured that the many voices in my head justify a major disability. Apparently.
Even I find that hard to dispute.   :008:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:22:36 PM by GrinchTed »

Offline TallyRex

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 12:33:51 PM »
Welcome aboard, Ted   :031:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 03:13:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by GrinchTed [+]
Can't speak highly enough of everyone at MotorPlus.
As you rightly say, they really know how to look after a customer.

You? Coleraine or Lisburn?

I'm 58....... and even though I don't have an officially issued blue card, many would suggest I'm entitled to one by default.
I'm assured that the many voices in my head justify a major disability. Apparently.
Even I find that hard to dispute.   :008:

Coleraine for me, they aren't that far from home here in Ballymena  :028: 

BTW I was 58 once upon a time.............. 9  years ago     :034:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 03:43:01 PM »
Welcome aboard, Theodore.  :031:

Your green 650 was a beauty... I am recently signed on to the 650 forum after a couple of years here (as TallTex over there.) Just following various friends as they sell one bike and get another... interesting that there is movement in both directions going on all the time.

I gotta try one of those 650s. There are occasional mushroom-faced Mk1's on the market here, cheap... plus more Mk2's and plenty of Mk3's. I don't need both Versys', but clearly the 650 is another great bike.  :188:

You have come to a great forum for the thousand, and you will be trailblazing with the new SE. You'll be telling us as much as we can ever tell you.  :008:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline GrinchTed

• Versys Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 04:42:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Coleraine for me, they aren't that far from home here in Ballymena  :028: 

BTW I was 58 once upon a time.............. 9  years ago     :034:

A Portstewart man myself........ and nice to know I'm now the cub giving way to the aul' fella for once!  :008:
Maybe a chat and 99 poke out of Morelli's come Easter.  :028:

*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Welcome aboard, Theodore.  :031:

Your green 650 was a beauty... I am recently signed on to the 650 forum after a couple of years here (as TallTex over there.) Just following various friends as they sell one bike and get another... interesting that there is movement in both directions going on all the time.

I gotta try one of those 650s. There are occasional mushroom-faced Mk1's on the market here, cheap... plus more Mk2's and plenty of Mk3's. I don't need both Versys', but clearly the 650 is another great bike.  :188:

You have come to a great forum for the thousand, and you will be trailblazing with the new SE. You'll be telling us as much as we can ever tell you.  :008:

Thanks Sonny.
The 650 is a phenominal bike. Many times I was scraping the pegs round the twisty's, and truthfully, I humm'd and haaa'd about changing it to the V1K.
What tipped me was the torque, power, electronic suspension and all the epic bells and whistles of the 2019 V1K SE

Whilst still a mere child in the eyes of Tyke, at 58 I'm more chilled now about what I want.
The 650, whilst fantastic fun, required a bit more work with the gears because of the 2-stroke, and on a longer run on the motorway, or a day out with the gf on the back, it did change the way the bike handled...... slightly.
It was a bit more work, and I'm just too old and lazy for that now.

On balance, I reckon the V1K will give me more of what I'm looking for...... still fun in the twisty's, but more pleasurable on the longer motorway trips with the gf on the back.

I did consider keeping both! - but I know if I went into my garage, I'd jump on the 1000 every time, but there is every possibility I'll get a naked 650Z later in the year........ just to remind myself I can still be a holligan at 58.
Best of both worlds me thinks!  :123A:

*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
Welcome aboard, Ted   :031:
Thanks Rex
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:02:12 PM by GrinchTed »

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2019, 05:16:43 PM »
Well I'm sure you've ridden big fours before and know what the deal is. But the V1K's engine is simply superb... a butter-smooth rocket engine. And the low and mid range are as solid and strong as a slate table top. With this engine, just ask and you shall receive.  :123A:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Recent Topics