Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Fuel leakage  (Read 281 times)

Offline TheGungner

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000, 2016
  • City / Town: Lidk÷ping, Sweden
Fuel leakage
« on: January 14, 2019, 11:23:22 AM »
I top filled my tank before I put it away for the winter. The bike is stored in my garage and it has a temperature around 5 Celsius. This weekend the temperature was about 10 Celsius. But now it came some petrol just below my dashboard. When I shake my bike front and backwards it is dropping fuel from the same place.

What has happened? Anyone who knows?

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
Re: Fuel leakage
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 11:58:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by TheGungner [+]
I top filled my tank before I put it away for the winter. The bike is stored in my garage and it has a temperature around 5 Celsius. This weekend the temperature was about 10 Celsius. But now it came some petrol just below my dashboard. When I shake my bike front and backwards it is dropping fuel from the same place.

What has happened? Anyone who knows?

Under the dashboard is where the Evaporative Emission Control System Canister is located.  :028:

You may have filled you petrol tank bit too much fuel and with temperature increase the expanding fuel may have been forced up the pipe through the purge valve to this unit and then flooded out  :138:

Richard  :001:
                  Details HERE  :123A:
And the on the V650 forum - www.versys.co.uk

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2019, 02:12:46 PM »
 :762:   exactly right, if I was a betting man I would put money on that explanation   (however I don't bet)  :2:

I wonder if leaving the fuel filler cap slightly open might help     
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline TheGungner

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000, 2016
  • City / Town: Lidk÷ping, Sweden
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2019, 04:25:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
Under the dashboard is where the Evaporative Emission Control System Canister is located.  :028:

You may have filled you petrol tank bit too much fuel and with temperature increase the expanding fuel may have been forced up the pipe through the purge valve to this unit and then flooded out  :138:

Richard  :001:

I took  out about 1/2 litre petrol from the tank and the problem is solved. Looks like you are right.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 04:30:01 PM by TheGungner »

Recent Topics