Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Are these the factory accessory wires on a 2017 model?  (Read 420 times)

Offline bpgc

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Spring
Are these the factory accessory wires on a 2017 model?
« on: February 09, 2019, 10:21:39 PM »
I took this picture of two bundles of wire, one on the right side and one on the left side of the upper fairing framework, near the headlight connections.

https://photos.versys1000.com/image/wLCxs

The ones on the right side of the bike are black and yellow and there are 5 wires, while the ones on the left side of the bike (7 of them) are black with some gray or silver spots.
they are crimped together and sealed in a vinyl tube with something blue plugging the end. I am installing driving lights and would like to use existing wiring if possible. Any help is appreciated.

Online Crosshairs

• Versys God
Re: Are these the factory accessory wires on a 2017 model?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 01:57:01 AM »
Im on my phone so i can't get a good look at your picture but what you're describing sound like the ground wires and not power wires...there are 2 sets of power wires up front and both are only 2 wires...one is on the left under the fairing and  is for a power outlet...the other is also on the left but under the trim next to the fuel tank...that one is for heated grips....for lights you will probably wan the heated grip wires as they will supply more current....although most will run to battery and the use a relay

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 11:00:25 AM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
Im on my phone so i can't get a good look at your picture but what you're describing sound like the ground wires and not power wires...there are 2 sets of power wires up front and both are only 2 wires...one is on the left under the fairing and  is for a power outlet...the other is also on the left but under the trim next to the fuel tank...that one is for heated grips....for lights you will probably wan the heated grip wires as they will supply more current....although most will run to battery and the use a relay
  :028: :028: :028:

The full colour wiring diagram for the 2015/18 V1k Mk2, in Jpg and PDF format can be found on this link HERE  :001:

Richard  :001:
                  Details HERE  :123A:
And the on the V650 forum - www.versys.co.uk

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 11:31:37 AM »
This is the connector for the lights:

Offline bpgc

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Spring
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 02:17:37 PM »
Thank you! Digging around I found a wire with an empty bullet connector near the fuses. What might that be?

Recent Topics