Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tank Bag  (Read 516 times)

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
Tank Bag
« on: February 11, 2019, 12:28:32 PM »
I have searched and read several threads here. Looking for a mid sized tank bank to hold paperwork, change phone a couple of bottles of water and perhaps a couple of pairs of light waterproof trousers. For a euro tour with good lady.

Appreciate the issues with bar turning lock and drop on rear of tank.

Seen the Givi XS 307 mentioned by a couple of people. Just wondered how this worked out in practice. There appears to be some adjustment on the base plate to move it back/forwards on tank filler fitting and seems reasonable quality/price.

Also so a magnetic Richa TS0 -11🤔

I have sat nav mounted on standard Kawa bracket on headstock.

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
  • Adventure Before Dementia
  • Bike: 2017 Grand Tourer
  • City / Town: Newark, Notts
Re: Tank Bag
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 02:35:48 PM »
Good man for asking ... I have been pondering the same things myself this morning.

I'm down to the SW Motech ION or the Givi.

Having taken a tape measure to the tank, my highly scientific calculations (Mark 1 eyeball) suggest 27 cms long and 19cms wide is optimal. Like you, this is a phone, sunglasses, change and incidentals holder rather than luggage.

The Givi ST602 Sport-T Tanklock Tank Bag is wider than I would like but looks as if t would do a good job.

The ION and Evo from SW-Tech is a little narrower, but very much more expensive.

Pondering continues ...

Online TowerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:52:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by dizzy [+]
I have searched and read several threads here. Looking for a mid sized tank bank to hold paperwork, change phone a couple of bottles of water and perhaps a couple of pairs of light waterproof trousers. For a euro tour with good lady.

Appreciate the issues with bar turning lock and drop on rear of tank.

Seen the Givi XS 307 mentioned by a couple of people. Just wondered how this worked out in practice. There appears to be some adjustment on the base plate to move it back/forwards on tank filler fitting and seems reasonable quality/price.

Also so a magnetic Richa TS0 -11🤔

I have sat nav mounted on standard Kawa bracket on headstock.

With the Givi XS307 and any other Tankbag that size that locks onto a Tank Ring and a SatNav mounted to the head-stock, they will interfere with each other  :33:

For the SatNav get / make yourself an over the clocks mount  :028:

Richard  :001:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:54:59 PM by TowerMan »
                  Details HERE  :123A:
And the on the V650 forum - www.versys.co.uk

Offline flatfour

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys GT
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 03:55:09 PM »
I've used the SW-Motech Quick Lock Evo tank bags on my last two Kawasaki's and have just bought and fitted one to my latest acquisition - a BMW K1300 GT. On the 1400 GTR I used a "Daypack", on the Versys 1000 the "City" and for the BMW an "Engage".

I find the ability to lock the bag against easy removal and its security when attached are real plus points and the quality of the bag is second to none. Whilst I could have used the "City" on all three bikes, I have changed each time to the bag that most closely fits the tank shape of the bike concerned. The fit of the "City" on the Versys 1000 tank is superb, in my view. If I were ever to buy another Versys, I would equip it with the same bag again.

Offline DrGonzo615

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Sacramento
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 05:07:35 PM »
I will be able to try the XS308 in a few days and I will let you know. GIVI seems like the best bang for the buck with a nice tanklock system but other than that, its really just how large of a bag you want. There are some comically gigantic tankbags out there.

Online Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 06:14:21 PM »
+1 for the SW Motech City tank bag, the bars just about touch on full lock but it is only just. I also use a Zumo 660 mounted on the left hand bar with no issues and find it very useful being closer than further away and over the clocks....

Online Dinodog

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Wiltshire
Green Versys 1000 GT 2018

Smoke me a kipper ill be back for breakfast.

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
  • Adventure Before Dementia
  • Bike: 2017 Grand Tourer
  • City / Town: Newark, Notts
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 02:48:15 PM »

Not a bad option ... a little skinny but would get the job done. iPad (mini?) sized GPS ... now even I couldn't get lost ... maybe

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 07:11:13 PM »

I have got one of these. Have used it for maps and/or instructions. Holds an A4 nearly piece of paper. Good quality item. Would certainly hold "paperwork", tablet, phone and such like.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 08:41:01 PM »
I have used an SW Motech bag for a couple of years, it attaches to a mounting ring around the fuel filler, the bag is well made, expandable, flexible and can be substituted by a larger bag if required

https://www.sdmoto-parts.com/en/tank-bags/224-sw-motech-quicklock-evo-micro-25-5l-tank-bag.html?gmc_currency=3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI55iP0IW34AIVKL7tCh24GQLfEAQYBiABEgKKHfD_BwE 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics