Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tank Bag  (Read 519 times)

Offline divide wee

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 15 Burnt Orange
  • City / Town: Divide, CO USA
Re: Tank Bag
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2019, 03:06:02 AM »
I also use the city. It fits well but might be a little small to handle a pair of pants. They also have a larger bag, expedition I believe, with the same shape that may be more suited for your needs.
Mike

On the road for a couple of years

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
  • Adventure Before Dementia
  • Bike: 2017 Grand Tourer
  • City / Town: Newark, Notts
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2019, 07:59:14 AM »
Decision made ... SW-Motech Day bag.

Why that one ... Nothing but excellent write-ups on the quality. Narrower than many of the alternatives. And the tank ring system, which pretty much limited the choices to SW-Motech or Givi

Now waiting expectantly for the courier 

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
« Reply #12 on: Yesterday at 03:37:44 PM »
With Dizzy being kind enough to start the thread just as I was having the same thought ... I chose the SW-Motech Day bag.

Bought of a decent chap on eBay. The bags do hold their price well, but you can still save a few quid. Tank ring from those nice people at Windingroads.co.uk, who even bothered to call me back to say they were leaving the office early if I was thinking of riding over to collect (my repeat business is assured!!)

If aesthetics are an important part of your decision-making process then the style of the Motech resembles the contour of the tank.

Functionality - The bars go from lock to lock and only the Oxford grips control and the riding light switch touch the bag when the bars are absolutely on the stops. It is a couple of millimetres (1/16 inch) past perfect

Works for me. Hope this helps you with your decision making :002:

Online Blue

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: UK
« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 04:00:24 PM »
Looks good - I'm using a SW Motech Engage salvaged from my old bike, which is very slightly wider, but still not a problem on lock. Excellent bags. The only minor gripe is the raincover. The one that came with the Engage has a transparent window, which went brittle quite quickly, and cracked on the folds, so its no longer waterproof. However, even without the cover the bags withstand quite heavy rain before they get wet inside.

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #14 on: Yesterday at 04:41:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
I have used an SW Motech bag for a couple of years, it attaches to a mounting ring around the fuel filler, the bag is well made, expandable, flexible and can be substituted by a larger bag if required

https://www.sdmoto-parts.com/en/tank-bags/224-sw-motech-quicklock-evo-micro-25-5l-tank-bag.html?gmc_currency=3&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI55iP0IW34AIVKL7tCh24GQLfEAQYBiABEgKKHfD_BwE

Hi Rog, can't remember if mines a givi or SW but do you know if the mounting ring from the 2015/2018 fits the 2019 model
Cheers.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #15 on: Yesterday at 07:21:01 PM »
Floyd, I dont think the 2019 model has exposed fitting bolts to enable the fitment of a tank bag..... so no I don't think this is possible   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
« Reply #16 on: Yesterday at 09:08:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by Himself [+]
With Dizzy being kind enough to start the thread just as I was having the same thought ... I chose the SW-Motech Day bag.

Bought of a decent chap on eBay. The bags do hold their price well, but you can still save a few quid. Tank ring from those nice people at Windingroads.co.uk, who even bothered to call me back to say they were leaving the office early if I was thinking of riding over to collect (my repeat business is assured!!)

If aesthetics are an important part of your decision-making process then the style of the Motech resembles the contour of the tank.

Functionality - The bars go from lock to lock and only the Oxford grips control and the riding light switch touch the bag when the bars are absolutely on the stops. It is a couple of millimetres (1/16 inch) past perfect

Works for me. Hope this helps you with your decision making :002:

That looks good..I have been coming round to it after watching Andy Man Cam review on you tube and recommendations here and elsewhere.  Price of ring and bsg just feels high. The givi xs307 is too big me thinks.

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 09:44:18 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Floyd, I dont think the 2019 model has exposed fitting bolts to enable the fitment of a tank bag..... so no I don't think this is possible

Good spot ...!

Online MLC

• Versys Pro
  • MLC
  • Bike: 2015 V1K GT
  • City / Town: Southport
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 10:19:14 PM »
I’ve been wondering about that as well - I’m sure there will be a way but nothing seen as yet!

Recent Topics

waggish