Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Versys 1000 2019 SE live and in the flesh (photos)  (Read 944 times)

Online Himself

• Versys Pro
  • Adventure Before Dementia
  • Bike: Ex 2017 GT Owner
  • City / Town: Newark, Notts
Versys 1000 2019 SE live and in the flesh (photos)
« on: February 12, 2019, 01:12:40 PM »
Well, actually it is in Chris Walker's Kawasaki dealership in Grantham. It is an excellent shade of green

I was seduced by a 1000SX and gave into temptation

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: Versys 1000 2019 SE live and in the flesh (photos)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 03:06:49 PM »
A few thoughts:

The paint is definitely metalflake, albeit small flakes. A few feet away, the flake disappears and you get that deep irridescence. It's a great effect.

That KECS tube running into the left fork top looks a bit weak and vulnerable.

The MIG welded joint in a side photo doesn't look too smoothly done.

What a feast for the left thumb: grip heat, suspension control, mode control, criuse control.

The windscreen mounts look large and heavy. The hole in the screen is large and wide open. Presumably the flow turns and follows the back of the screen upward to fill the low pressure at the top. But what will happen when rain is coming through?

Well, all this kibitzing aside, what a bike.  :37: Kaw may have given us the Dream Versys this time. For those soon taking delivery of one, on behalf of our thousands of members, allow me to say:

YOU LUCKY BASTARDS!  :007:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline DrGonzo615

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 03:26:21 PM »
Nice, it will be good to hear peoples thoughts on whether the upgrade is worth the money. After "living" with this design for a few weeks/months....I cant like the aesthetics of this bike, its a bit of a mess. Say what you want about the bug styling of the 2nd gen but I think it has to be chocked up as a styling failure when the grass DOESN'T appear to be greener on the other side....but you know what they say about opinions...

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 03:46:00 PM »
A good number of us think the Mk1 nose and light was homely looking, but the Mk2 is an overcompensation in the other direction, placing a "look" over functionality in the lighting department.

The trend of the one-eyed pirate headlight is not an idea that will stand the test of time. Bike after bike that had them is moving to both lights on now. It looks better, it is more visible, and if done right the illumination is improved.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 04:07:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
A few thoughts:

The paint is definitely metalflake, albeit small flakes. A few feet away, the flake disappears and you get that deep irridescence. It's a great effect.

What a feast for the left thumb: grip heat, suspension control, mode control, criuse control.

The windscreen mounts look large and heavy. The hole in the screen is large and wide open. Presumably the flow turns and follows the back of the screen upward to fill the low pressure at the top. But what will happen when rain is coming through?

Well, all this kibitzing aside, what a bike.  :37: Kaw may have given us the Dream Versys this time. For those soon taking delivery of one, on behalf of our thousands of members, allow me to say:

All valid points

I have seen the colour 'in the flesh' and it is spectacular, the small diameter tube attached to the fork top does look a bit vulnerable but I can't say I ever had my big mitts in that area on a regular occasion

The weld does look a bit amateurish considering it will have been conducted robotically, I have seen much better on other bikes

The controls do seem clustered and I reckon it will take a while to familiarise with them, fortunately they wont all be in demand at the same time

The windscreen mounts are, IMHO poor and don't offer easy one the move adjustment, Kawasaki have missed a trick here they should look at the easy adjustment on the GS or Multistrada  :169:  as for the vented screen, well I had a similar arrangement on my last GTR (Concourse), at first I couldn't experience any difference from it either open or closed, after a while I did appreciate that it takes away some pressure from behind the screen area, The vent on the GTR could be manually opened or closed, when in the fully open position it didn't seem to allow much if any rain to pass through

Sonny, just to keep you posted....................................... MY BIKE WILL BE READY FOR COLLECTION/DELIVERY ON 1ST MARCH ... lucky Bastard me  :745:   

Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2019, 04:17:03 PM »
Notice that the area under the hole in the screen is raised. This will have some aerodynamic effect, I'm not sure what. But if it works, who cares?  :notsure:

Offline stillsteamn

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys1K, Kymco S250
  • City / Town: Bloomington, MN
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 04:25:05 PM »
That green is a beauty color.  I think we're only getting the matte white/black in USA.
Corbin seat, Puig windshield, windshield gps bracket, Tak-Lok throttle lock, Grip Puppies, Puig fender extender, Kawi 12V socket

Offline SaultGuy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 LT SE 1000
  • City / Town: Sault Ste. Marie Ont
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 04:27:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
A few thoughts:

"What a feast for the left thumb: grip heat, suspension control, mode control, criuse control."

Kawasaki may in future releases have to adopt the mouse style of control like on the BMW's as they add more and more tech.

This lucky bastard will let you know what I think sometime in May.  Have to lose 5 or 6 feet of snow first.   :mfr_lol:

Offline SaultGuy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 LT SE 1000
  • City / Town: Sault Ste. Marie Ont
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 04:28:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by stillsteamn [+]
That green is a beauty color.  I think we're only getting the matte white/black in USA.

Only black and white available in Canada as well  :003:

Offline Huckleberry

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 V1
  • City / Town: Portland, OR
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 08:59:37 PM »
At the risk of losing credibility on this forum, I have to say I've never been a fan of the various Kawi green colors.  Until now.  That is one pretty paint job !

Suspect folks will have opinions on these items, maybe not definitive answers- 

Curious why the front master cylinder has grown so exponentially ?  On my 2016, it's damn near camouflaged compared to the new one. 

Only one "slot" for external power socket ?  And it's a cigarette lighter style rather than USB ?  Maybe I'm missing something, only going by pics I've been seeing.
I've rarely gotten in hot water over something I didn't say.

Dave

Recent Topics