Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Chain Guard  (Read 2940 times)

Offline BikerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Ex-2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
Re: Chain Guard
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2019, 03:00:13 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
The guard looks great, I would maybe prefer it to be a wee bit closer to the chain   :notsure:   

Hi MLC, I tend to agree with TYKE in that, in my opinion, the guard would look and maybe function better fitting closer to the chain. I would also prefer it to be powder coated in a darker colour to match the bike's frame but there again I'm a fussy bugger  :008:

PS
You're doing a grand job  :152:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2019, 08:00:52 AM »
The pictures that you have provided are very good, have you shared them with Beowulf for their opinion  :question:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline MLC

• Versys Pro
  • MLC
  • Bike: 2015 V1K GT
  • City / Town: Southport
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »
Taking my bike to Beowulf tomorrow for them to see what they can do to improve the chain guard. Looks like it should be a decent day for a ride out to Rotherham!! Iíll update this thread with the results  :152:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2019, 06:33:01 PM »
Excellent  :763:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline MLC

• Versys Pro
  • MLC
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 08:27:22 PM »
Spent some time with Andrew at Beowulf today, he has tweaked the original chainguard & it fits much better, heís going to produce another one tomorrow incorporating the tweaks and another couple of changes, should be with me by Tue with a bit of luck once fitted Iíll get some more pics on the forum. Once happy he is looking at producing some for stock!  Impressive set up by the way!

Online TowerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2019, 08:46:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by MLC [+]
Spent some time with Andrew at Beowulf today, he has tweaked the original chainguard & it fits much better, heís going to produce another one tomorrow incorporating the tweaks and another couple of changes, should be with me by Tue with a bit of luck once fitted Iíll get some more pics on the forum. Once happy he is looking at producing some for stock!  Impressive set up by the way!
:763: :759:
Richard    :001:           

Offline BikerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Ex-2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2019, 11:06:42 PM »

Well done that man!  :152:

Online TowerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2019, 08:41:09 PM »
MLC

Any more progress  :notsure:
Richard    :001:           

Offline MLC

• Versys Pro
  • MLC
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2019, 12:29:21 PM »
Finished item now back from Beowulf and fitted to the bike - very happy with the end result!   :152:

Offline MLC

• Versys Pro
  • MLC
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2019, 12:35:18 PM »
They will be available to order any time now, fairly sure they will be available in powder coated black as well (Iíve asked the question & awaiting a reply) - I think they will be £45 - I have asked if they will be up for a forum members discount so you never know - I will update on here when I have more info.

Recent Topics

waggish