Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Another UK member  (Read 600 times)

Offline Frogger

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Berkshire
Another UK member
« on: March 13, 2019, 08:07:25 PM »
Hi
I have also recently just purchased a 2016 Versys in Green. My last bike was a Vstrom 650 and I was so worried that the Versys would not handle as well as that. I need not of worried, it handles just fine. The one thing that I was really disappointed with was the wind noise and turbulence around my helmet as soon as I got up a bit of speed. Must be the worst I have ever experienced. (this is my 27th bike) so much so that I started to wonder if I had done the right thing by changing. I read all the threads on screens that I could, to try and decide which would be the best replacement one to get. The Puig, Givi, national cycle Vstream all got a lot of mentions as well as a few mentions of the MRA Varo screen. All seemed to have good and bad comments and it seemed that different screens suited different riders due to size/shape and helmet type etc. Anyway I decided that as I have had good results with MRA Varo screens in the past I would go for that. It arrived today. First impressions were that it was smaller than I expected, but anyway, I fitted it and went for a ride. WOW what a difference. This is how it should have come out of the factory. 5'8 and 30' inside leg. Will try and sort out some pictures soon.

Offline Himself

• Versys Pro
  • Adventure Before Dementia
  • Bike: Ex 2017 GT Owner
  • City / Town: Newark, Notts
Re: Another UK member
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 08:17:14 PM »
 :185:
I was seduced by a 1000SX and gave into temptation

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 09:05:25 PM »
 :185: and the fast colour aswell,

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 10:04:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
:185: and the fast colour aswell,
Floydsz1

You have obviously never been Tango'd - you never see it coming or going  :756: :756: :756:

Richard  :008:
Richard    :001:           

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Master
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 10:26:46 PM »
Mine was tango when I got it but was knocked over by a car because it was too slow, when I had it fixed I got them to  make it green. I've had no problems since. 😉

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 07:55:16 AM »
Welcome along Frogger, as time passes and you get more miles on your new bike it will become apparent just what a very fine bike the Versys 1000 is.

And now you have found a great forum to compliment your bike   :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline maine_man

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 V1000
  • City / Town: Saco, ME
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 11:55:28 PM »
Welcome!

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 01:48:35 AM »
Welcome, Frogger.  :031: We recommend everyone get the attractive and good performing green bike, since the orange one, if fully unleashed, can be a bit hard to handle. Most say the orange makes a better second Versys 1000, though I went right out and bought an orange 2015 LT and managed to survive. I promised the dealer I would remain cautious with it until I understood the kind of raw force I would be trying to control.

The orange bike is so viciously fast and powerful that I have been running a 50/50 gasoline and water mix in order to contain it. The only drawback with doing that is, I have to pick up the bike and shake it like a cocktail shaker before starting, in order to mix the fuel and water in the tank.

But the thing is nearly unmanageable on clean gas. Just be glad you won't have to deal with that.  :007:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 07:32:28 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Welcome, Frogger.  :031: We recommend everyone get the attractive and good performing green bike, since the orange one, if fully unleashed, can be a bit hard to handle. Most say the orange makes a better second Versys 1000, though I went right out and bought an orange 2015 LT and managed to survive. I promised the dealer I would remain cautious with it until I understood the kind of raw force I would be trying to control.

The orange bike is so viciously fast and powerful that I have been running a 50/50 gasoline and water mix in order to contain it. The only drawback with doing that is, I have to pick up the bike and shake it like a cocktail shaker before starting, in order to mix the fuel and water in the tank.

But the thing is nearly unmanageable on clean gas. Just be glad you won't have to deal with that.  :007:

Ya daft bugger Sonny.... that's funny  :745:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Master
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 07:54:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]

:745: :745:

Recent Topics