Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: French speed tickets  (Read 557 times)

Offline Vern1

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Carshalton
French speed tickets
« on: March 17, 2019, 10:59:45 AM »
Hi all, two of our riding group have just received speeding tickets from our trip last September though France to Spain. I was just wondering if anyone on the site have had the experience of getting tickets so late after the event and did you pay or ignore them?

Online TowerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
Re: French speed tickets
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 12:05:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vern1 [+]
Hi all, two of our riding group have just received speeding tickets from our trip last September though France to Spain. I was just wondering if anyone on the site have had the experience of getting tickets so late after the event and did you pay or ignore them?
Vern

On the PistonHeads forum, people are only just now getting sent trough a lot of French speeding fines from last year  :goggle:
It's interesting that there seems to have been a splurge of tickets being sent from France to the UK just now  :notsure:

I am thinking, Brexit - lets get some cash in before they leave,
I am thinking, `Gillet Jaunes, revenue is down so lets go back through the speeding fines not chased up and get some money, also see above point.
I am also thinking, delay at the French sorting office, now cleared :notsure:

The only risk is, if you do not pay and re-visit France, commit an offence for which you are stopped and les Flics decide to run your driver details or vehicle details.  :whistle:

Richard  :002:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 12:07:35 PM by TowerMan »
                  Details HERE  :123A:
And the on the V650 forum - www.versys.co.uk

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 01:36:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
Vern

On the PistonHeads forum, people are only just now getting sent trough a lot of French speeding fines from last year  :goggle:
It's interesting that there seems to have been a splurge of tickets being sent from France to the UK just now  :notsure:

I am thinking, Brexit - lets get some cash in before they leave,
I am thinking, `Gillet Jaunes, revenue is down so lets go back through the speeding fines not chased up and get some money, also see above point.
I am also thinking, delay at the French sorting office, now cleared :notsure:

The only risk is, if you do not pay and re-visit France, commit an offence for which you are stopped and les Flics decide to run your driver details or vehicle details.  :whistle:

Richard  :002:

Good points... :)

Is there a way to say you were not the rider operating the motorcycle and send them an ID of your very very very old grand grand grand grandpa... Who does not care and will never visit France..  :028:

Offline Vern1

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Carshalton
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 02:15:07 PM »
Well so far I have not got any post from our French friends and we have already booked hotels for our annual trip in September.   We are not keen on the boat trip to Spain, so it's down to each of the boys to decide what to do about the fines, I was just curious to see if they were unlucky or if it was a new practise being tried out.  The fines are well short of what three of the boys picked up in Switzerland a few years back, that was down to the cash point and pay on the spot a heavy payment.  Thanks for the feedback.

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 02:33:32 PM »
What sort of speeds or traffic infringements led to the Swiss fines?

Off there in the summer :012: Not that I ride that quickly........

Offline Yox

• Versys God
  • Bike: V 1000
  • City / Town: Heathfield
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 04:04:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by dizzy [+]
What sort of speeds or traffic infringements led to the Swiss fines?

Off there in the summer :012: Not that I ride that quickly........

Pretty much zero tolerance if there is a speed trap and the severity of the fine depends on how far over you are.
44 Teeth (youtube channel) got caught and one of them had to pay £3,194 on the spot and was banned from driving in Switzerland for 3 months effective immediately , I kid you not. It was lucky they had a van with them to put the bike in.
Those that live by the sword get shot by those that don't.

Offline Ben

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2018 V1K
  • City / Town: N/E of France
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 05:18:30 PM »
Welcome in France  :034:

Actually it is strange, as far as I'm aware France had no data exchange agreement with UK, Ireland nor Danemark. Only with the other EU countries (cross border agreement in 2015).

Maybe things have changed.

If it was automatic speed control, I guess there is no risk not to pay it. Except if you are arrested in France in the furture, and they find you in their database.

The "grand ma" tricks works in France. So why not from UK  :mfr_lol:

Ben

Offline Tony the oldie

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1000 green
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 06:59:25 PM »
Can't help you with France but in 2017 I managed to enter a 'no vehicle allowed' zone in Italy (twice  :lostit:  :020:) and 18 months later I got a letter asking for €100 - took them all that time to  trace my address from bike registration number.  But trace me they did - bloody internet has a lot to answer for.   :173:  :42:

I paid 'cos I like going to Italy  :028:  :757:

Tony

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 08:27:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tony the oldie [+]
Can't help you with France but in 2017 I managed to enter a 'no vehicle allowed' zone in Italy (twice  :lostit:  :020:) and 18 months later I got a letter asking for €100 - took them all that time to  trace my address from bike registration number.  But trace me they did - bloody internet has a lot to answer for.   :173:  :42:

I paid 'cos I like going to Italy  :028:  :757:

Tony

Rumour has it that you've been on the run from our Italian friends for quite some time Tony   :008:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Coastal59

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1000
  • City / Town: Ynys Mon
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 08:40:00 PM »
I read somewhere that the Brit government has allowed EU countries to share info and fine us but not reciprocating for EU nationals visiting here and they can send in the bailiffs if we don't cough up , I was flashed in France , Switzerland and Germany a few yrs back but it was ok to ignore then .

Recent Topics