Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crap weather  (Read 1947 times)

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
Re: Crap weather
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2019, 02:31:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
We decided to watch WSB coverage from Assen.................................  its effing snowing there so no racing...... what a crap day  :151:     

I'd just got back in to watch it as well. 😞

Not as bad as the other year at brands,  everyone was building snowmen in pit lane on Saturday afternoon.

Offline Jed

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 Versys1000
  • City / Town: Tring
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2019, 09:56:14 PM »
As Sonny said the thunder and lightening in Texas caused morning practices for Moto GP to be cancelled as well.

Offline Tony the oldie

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1000 green
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2019, 10:26:36 PM »
*Originally Posted by Jed [+]
As Sonny said the thunder and lightening in Texas caused morning practices for Moto GP to be cancelled as well.

And I got absolutely bloody soaked - a sunny morning tempted me out and then turned into torrential (well in U.K. terms) rain.  April showers were never like this when I was a lad  :125:

Tony

Offline SaultGuy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 LT SE 1000
  • City / Town: Sault Ste. Marie Ont
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2019, 11:38:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by Tony the oldie [+]
And I got absolutely bloody soaked - a sunny morning tempted me out and then turned into torrential (well in U.K. terms) rain.  April showers were never like this when I was a lad  :125:

Tony

It's still snowing here as I polish the new bike awaiting in the garage.  Never have seen weather as crap as this either :013:

Offline flatfour

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys GT
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2019, 07:30:15 PM »
On Monday last I was riding around in 19c and thought that I should take the liner out of my jacket - yesterday I was out again and it was cold with hail showers!

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 03:05:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by SaultGuy [+]
It's still snowing here as I polish the new bike awaiting in the garage.  Never have seen weather as crap as this either :013:

In Alberta  this is normal   :002: ... May is better but in April for the most part its a crap shoot . 

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 04:37:49 AM »
High 60s, clear and brilliant sun, light winds today in NE Texas. Every HD in town came out of the garage and hit the boulevards, so I joined them on my Vulcan 900. We all just rode around town and waved at one another, too cool for school. Excellent Sunday afternoon.  :123A:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 08:55:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
High 60s, clear and brilliant sun, light winds today in NE Texas. Every HD in town came out of the garage and hit the boulevards, so I joined them on my Vulcan 900. We all just rode around town and waved at one another, too cool for school. Excellent Sunday afternoon.  :123A:

Glad to hear that you are enjoying some good weather Sonny

And great to hear that you haven't been hit by the storms in the East   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 11:43:18 AM »
On Saturday managed a 2017 mile run from Biggar down to Kielder and back on the back roads  :biker1:

Weather was sunny, but it was very very cold.
It did not get above 3 Deg C (on Tango's dubious outside temp reading) and with the wind chill it felt even colder, so I had to stop off at a couple of Cafe en route.

Tower Knowe - Kielder

The Glen Cafe, St Mary's Loch

But I didn't really get cold, as I had my headed jacked on full blast  :36:
The forecast is for it to get much warmer by the end of this week  :123A:

Richard  :001:
Richard    :001:           

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 01:08:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Glad to hear that you are enjoying some good weather Sonny

And great to hear that you haven't been hit by the storms in the East

We've had 2 or 3 mild wet winters here -- no snow or ice to speak of. I would celebrate but it won't last... what we have going on now is weather instability, weather unpredictability and wild swings... and I know the inevitable downside is coming since other parts of the States have been crushed by Arctic weather while we've been getting off easy. Now we are rounding into tornado and severe thunderstorm season.  :goggle:

Richard, it's good to see the venerable Geoff Orange #1 out and doing its thing across the Scots countryside. Ride it til the headers rust off, brother!  :123A:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Recent Topics