Author Topic: Exhaust header installation  (Read 825 times)

Offline Yox

• Versys God
  • Bike: V 1000
  • City / Town: Heathfield
Re: Exhaust header installation
Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 11:12:21 AM
Looks good, did it come with the link pipe guard?
Looking forward to the ride review.
Those that live by the sword get shot by those that don't.

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 02:38:15 PM
maybe i have missed it , but what  exhaust  Can  ..do you have  there?

and the header looks fantastic.. :007: nice job
Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 02:40:51 PM by Keener

Offline attyla

• Versys Pro
  • Prima si impara a camminare...poi a correre !
  • Bike: Kawa Versys 1000 18
  • City / Town: SANT'AMBROGIO DI VAL
Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 03:32:07 PM
Very well, great work!
 Thanks for the photos.  :763:
Arrow is always a great choice  :123A:

Offline Bike_nerd

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Edmonton
Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 04:52:55 AM
I bought the system from a forum member in North Carolina.  It came with the link pipe and heel guard.  The link pipe is made by Arrow and ships with their collector pipes, but I don't know about the guard - could have been an after market add-on.  The muffler is made by Hindle.

The weather was a bit better today so I got out on it for about an hour and a half.  I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised by the difference in throttle response and power.  Arrow says it only increases horsepower by 2.5HP which should be barely noticeable on a bike that already makes around 120HP, but it seems to change the power delivery.  It feels more responsive to me and my butt dyno says it has a bit more thrust in the mid-range and upper revs.  I have no evidence at all to back that up and I don't intend to have it dyno tested - all I can say is that I notice a difference and I like it.  The sound is also very satisfying - a beautifully deep rumble at idle with a nice growl through the rev range.  At a constant highway speed (4-5K rpm) though, the Hindle is a bit louder than I expected.  Once I take a longer trip with it, I'll have to decide if I can live with it or if I have to seek a quieter can.

So far the fueling seems good.  It sometimes makes a pleasant gurgling sound on decel which I don't actually mind, but there was no dramatic popping even if I whacked the throttle closed abruptly.  Power delivery is smooth across the range, with no flat spots.  It looks like the Hilltop ECU software is working as promised.  I'll know more once I've taken it for a longer ride because I'll be able to compare the fuel range with what I got last year with the stock exhaust.  At this point, I'm very pleased with the Arrow system.

waggish