Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Decision decision , new versys  (Read 1961 times)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: Decision decision , new versys
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2019, 04:30:52 PM »
Over in the UK, buying a bike is like negotiating a marriage. In the colonies, it is more like buying a TV.  :757:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline pinkaardvark

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys GT
  • City / Town: Swavesey
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2019, 04:34:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Over in the UK, buying a bike is like negotiating a marriage. In the colonies, it is more like buying a TV.  :757:

Very true, since the introduction of pcp finance for bikes, dealers have gotten very lazy and just focus on the monthly payment amount. Felt like hard work getting one to just give me a deal on the base price. I'm getting married in september so this can be a trial run :)

Offline mr.ford

• Versys Pro
  • Mr.Ford
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Ottawa
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2019, 04:40:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
Winter is the best time to buy a new bike.  Dealers need to clear old inventory and most folks aren't thinking about purchasing a new bike when it's too cold to ride.  Dealers will have new 19s on the floor in January and you should be able to get a better deal.
In Canada all 19 SE models are sold out. They are expecting 2020 model year shipment coming in late September, early October... It will be an identical bike (could be more colour options).
They do have base models left, but I would NOT recommend a base model, due to many advantages of SE over LT..

US is a different story. Versys, for some unknown reason, does not sell in US..

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2019, 04:42:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by pinkaardvark [+]
I'm getting married in september so this can be a trial run :)

Oh my, nothing is a trial run for marriage!  :211:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline pinkaardvark

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys GT
  • City / Town: Swavesey
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2019, 07:10:27 PM »
Well another marriage is  :mfr_lol:

Offline V-Coaster

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 19 1000 LT SE "Orca"
  • City / Town: Vancouver
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 03:25:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by mr.ford [+]
In Canada all 19 SE models are sold out.

US is a different story. Versys, for some unknown reason, does not sell in US..
Harleys rule in the US.
We ride 10's of thousands of kilometers a year in the US and literally at least 90% we see are Harleys.
Recently in the middle of a 12,000 km trip to the eastern us we stopped at a multi-line dealer in Ohio for an oil change and he still has Suzukis and Versys  from 2017/2018 on the floor. He also said if he does sell something different they're back within a year to trade it in on a Harley.

Online Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 03:50:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by V-Coaster [+]
Harleys rule in the US.
We ride 10's of thousands of kilometers a year in the US and literally at least 90% we see are Harleys.
Recently in the middle of a 12,000 km trip to the eastern us we stopped at a multi-line dealer in Ohio for an oil change and he still has Suzukis and Versys  from 2017/2018 on the floor. He also said if he does sell something different they're back within a year to trade it in on a Harley.

hmmm then why are Harleys  sales down 7% and more  :187:....

https://www.ctvnews.ca/autos/harley-davidson-tops-estimates-but-sales-decline-1.4391103

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:58:29 AM by Keener »

Online Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 SE 2019
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 08:38:32 AM »
In Italy the new BigV seems to be successful.
In the first five months of '19 have been sold 344 BigVs. More or less, the same number of the entire '18 (360).
Moreover, the new BigV is overcoming its most direct competitor, the BMW S1000XR which last year sold twice as much.

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 02:46:02 PM »
The dealer I got mine from said at first they weren't selling but now, once people had a proper look at them and read the road Tests they're selling as many as they can get

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2019, 06:59:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vespista1960 [+]
In Italy the new BigV seems to be successful.
In the first five months of '19 have been sold 344 BigVs. More or less, the same number of the entire '18 (360).
Moreover, the new BigV is overcoming its most direct competitor, the BMW S1000XR which last year sold twice as much.

The Big V is a better all rounder than the BMW. Sure the BMW gives more beans but it just wasn't as rounded when I tried one earlier in the year. The quality wasn't any different either. No doubt the loaded19 model gives even more competition albeit at a similar price level.

Recent Topics

waggish