Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: How Tight is Your Box  (Read 715 times)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: How Tight is Your Box
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 03:58:54 PM »
Just checking in to say that I will be avoiding this deeply scandalous thread with its ringer of a Subject line, where each reply only doubles down on the corruption. Plus, I don't run a top box. So, goodbye to this den of iniquity with its thrusting, lubricating, gasket adjusting, button pushing, mounting and dismounting.... I'm going to take a cold shower now...  :761: :015:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline 9094

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Kansas City
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »
Same here, slight downward pressure and latch opens much easier. I'd think there has to be some pressure on the gasket for a good seal. What about a dab of (plastic-safe) grease on the latch surfaces where it slides or smoothing those areas more? Feels kinda rough on mine.

I did not see any obvious adjustments for the latch, Did not try loosening the screws to see if it would slide up/down yet.

Offline JohnRS

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Hebburn
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2019, 05:46:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Just checking in to say that I will be avoiding this deeply scandalous thread with its ringer of a Subject line, where each reply only doubles down on the corruption. Plus, I don't run a top box. So, goodbye to this den of iniquity with its thrusting, lubricating, gasket adjusting, button pushing, mounting and dismounting.... I'm going to take a cold shower now...  :761: :015:
:5: That says more about you Sonny than me!

*Originally Posted by 9094 [+]
Same here, slight downward pressure and latch opens much easier. I'd think there has to be some pressure on the gasket for a good seal. What about a dab of (plastic-safe) grease on the latch surfaces where it slides or smoothing those areas more? Feels kinda rough on mine.

I did not see any obvious adjustments for the latch, Did not try loosening the screws to see if it would slide up/down yet.
I looked for something to adjust but as you say nothing. I've tried lubing the rubbers and the latch mechanism but neither worked. My last thought is to dremmel the inside lip of the lid where it catches as I think I can figure out where the tight spots are.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2019, 08:05:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]

Priceless, and bloody funny Sonny,   :745:    :745:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline JohnRS

• Versys Pro
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 07:52:39 PM »
Anyone (Sonny I'm sure does) who wants to see my tight box in action can do so below:

Givi replied today asking for details of how old the box etc. was and said the latches on the lid and mechanism may be bent, which got me thinking... I wonder if i could bend them to release a little bit easier, I'll attack them with a heat gun on the weekend I think.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2019, 07:44:31 AM »
John, is that your garage or the dealership    :notsure:
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2019, 10:27:40 AM »
Be careful "forcing" those little ears/tabs on the front edge of lid.

Mine caught on garage door and easily snapped the coloured infill panel,😥😳 £60 to replace.

Offline JohnRS

• Versys Pro
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2019, 06:22:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by dizzy [+]
Be careful "forcing" those little ears/tabs on the front edge of lid.

Mine caught on garage door and easily snapped the coloured infill panel,😥😳 £60 to replace.
:5: I'll stop doing that then!

*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
John, is that your garage or the dealership    :notsure:
Ha ha it's work - we have several thousand people on site and several bike shelter things dotted around. It a fully secure site so they don't need locked so it's ideal. Lucky for me as it's where it is overnight tonight :157:

Recent Topics

waggish