Author Topic: LED Headlight Bulbs That Work  (Read 1755 times)

Offline Bike_nerd

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Edmonton
Re: LED Headlight Bulbs That Work
Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 03:57:08 AM
*Originally Posted by stillsteamn [+]
Thanks for the info Dannyboy.  I haven't studied up on the OEM bulbs, but is the hi beam OEM bulb different from the low beam OEM bulb, if not what makes one of them hi vs low beam?  And the same question for your new LED bulbs, since it appears you are installing 2 of the same bulb.

Both bulbs are the same (55 watt H7) but the low beam/high beam reflector housings are designed differently to create the necessary beam patterns. 

If you don't like the OEM one-eyed look, you can use an aftermarket accessory module such as the Skene product to light both bulbs at the same time.  The module allows the bulb on the high beam side (left side) to be operated at a lower brightness in order to make both bulbs look approximately the same from a distance.

Offline danresh

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000, 2018
  • City / Town: Tel Aviv
Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 02:59:51 PM
Hi Dannyboy. About to follow your advice and order both sets of bulbs. Just to make sure -the minibulbs are the "2 pcs T10 194/921" ? there are 3 length options....

Thanks
Danresh

Offline Dannyboy1949

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Medford, Oregon
Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 06:53:41 PM
Sorry for the delay...been out of town.

Looking at the Amazon listing, if you click on the different length options...that's a completely different kind of bulb. Very odd they'd write up a listing that way.

The 2-pack T10 is what you want.
I used to do self deprecating humor, but I wasn't very good at it.

Offline V1MI

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2018 V1K
  • City / Town: Holly MI
Reply #14 on: February 15, 2020, 10:23:07 AM
Did not use Beamtech so I can't help you there. I did use Heise since I have good experience with them. Below is my original posting:

Heise H7 fits without the need to tear rubber seals. It is an all in one unit with everything built in within the heat sink. No extra parts hanging from the back end. Plug and play except you need to turn the tab that holds the wire for it to latch. Also need to bend both the wire and latch for a positive engagement. Everything will fit inside the rubber housing with proper wire arrangement. Unsure of possible heat issues since the test run was inside my garage and below freezing outside. I have no heat issues with the Heise on other applications. Also upgraded T10 bulbs with ZEVO Leds while I was in there. I will report any issues if any down the road. Ride safe everyone...

Offline BikeRNick

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: KLZ1000
  • City / Town: Watford
Reply #15 on: February 15, 2020, 02:07:35 PM
Thanks. I had seen your post. Have you had any issues with temperature since you fitted them?

Offline V1MI

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2018 V1K
  • City / Town: Holly MI
Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 02:51:30 PM
*Originally Posted by BikeRNick [+]
Thanks. I had seen your post. Have you had any issues with temperature since you fitted them?

Still winter where I'm at so I can't pass judgement. Short rides so far so good.

Offline Le ptit Quebec

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Paris
Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 08:33:24 PM
I have the model on the right since 2016, still doing the job. Fits in place without cutting the rubber.

You must ajdust the headlight and lower it. The focal of the bulb a not at the exact same place as a normal light bulb. Really happy with the brightness.

waggish