Author Topic: Krtc problems  (Read 610 times)

Offline Maclean156

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000 se gt
  • City / Town: Bournemouth
Krtc problems
on: July 05, 2019, 10:50:33 AM
Hi got on my bike other day and krtc and power modes started flashing along with engine light. Looked through forum and found this.

Once the cause has been fixed, the warning can be reset by by doing the following 3 times: 
1. Run the engine more than 10 minutes.
2. Keep the idling speed more than 30 seconds.
3. Run the vehicle more than 5 minutes at a speed of 25 km/h (16 mph) or more.
4. Turn the ignition switch off.

My question is this. If I run engine for more than 10 minutes why do I have to run at idle for more than 30 seconds(step 2)  as engine has been idling for 10 minutes as step 1.

A bit confused.

Offline Maclean156

• Versys Member
Re: Krtc problems
Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 10:52:13 AM
I have code 62. Apart from this bike seems to be running fin

Offline Maclean156

• Versys Member
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 03:20:52 PM
Sorted.

Here's what I did.

Started bike and let it idle for 15 minutes.
Then went 20mph and above for 5 minutes.
Stopped and turned off ignition and took key out.

Repeated above 3 times and all back to normal.

Now to get code 62 deleted from bike. Dealer I think.

Hope this helps anyone

Offline Dominick

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2018 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Tampa
Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 01:17:02 PM
My KRTC/Engine lights came on a couple of weeks ago.  Took bike to the Dealer and they said they didn't know why the lights came on and just reset them.  The other day they came on again.  By the time I could get the bike back to the Dealer they went off again.  The Dealer said they can only diagnose the problem if the lights are still on.  They said some reasons the light might go on was if you oil the chain with the engine running and the rear wheel spinning or popping a wheelie.  Hadn't done either of those things.  The lights came on just cruising down the highway at 70MPH both times.  Any one else had this issue or any suggestions?

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 06:21:52 PM
Haven't seen it on Versys but have had similar on FJRs. Something to do with the traction control sensing the rear wheel is getting out of step with front. In those cases the bike had been run in gear on the centre stand. Yamaha had to reset.

Spinning wheel on gravel, wet surface or wheelies would no doubt give a similar conflict.

Offline nocny

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000 SE
  • City / Town: Ruda Slaska
Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 08:10:39 PM
*Originally Posted by dizzy [+]

Spinning wheel on gravel, wet surface or wheelies would no doubt give a similar conflict.

but these are the conditions that ktrc should work in. So it shouldn't give you some error.

Offline Bayonet

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: North Essex
Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 08:41:55 PM
I oil the inside run of my chain (bike on centre stand) with the engine in first gear spinning the back wheel and then run it in second or even third to push the oil through it. Done this for the last 4 years and not had any KTRC or ABS lights ever come on (yet!!).
2015 Versys 1000- 91,000 miles, 1 frayed starter circuit wire, 10 shims (over two checks), 6 rear tyres, 8 front tyres, 11 oil changes, 2 sets of plugs, 2 air filter, 10 fork seals,  1 set of head race bearings, 3 chain and sprocket sets, 4 screens, 5 pairs of front brake pads, 2 pair of rear pads (old ones wouldn't' wear out) 10 washes and counting.

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 09:11:10 PM
*Originally Posted by nocny [+]
but these are the conditions that ktrc should work in. So it shouldn't give you some error.

I agree. Perhaps it is when there is no movement at all on the front at same time? Just what Yamaha dealer said when they checked why lights had triggered the first time it happened. Can't remember whether we couldn't get engine management light to reset initially hence visit to dealer.

Online TowerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 09:57:25 PM
Check that you ABS rings are clean, as any clogged up gaps in the rings may throw up a spurious fault code now and then  :027:

Had this same problem on recently on my car  :125:
Richard    :001:

waggish