Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: ERGO-FIT® REDUCED REACH SEAT  (Read 347 times)

Offline rdbandkab

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000 SE+
  • City / Town: WV
ERGO-FIT® REDUCED REACH SEAT
« on: July 09, 2019, 02:20:32 PM »
Anyone have or try the ERGO-FIT® REDUCED REACH SEAT?  "My bum hurts!"

My tailbone needs some relief after a few hours in the saddle..   Probably going to have my OEM modified, but would love to try the Kawi Ergo seat.
Heck,  I'd even buy one if they weren't over $400!!  Accessory seats should be half that.

richy

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
Re: ERGO-FIT® REDUCED REACH SEAT
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 03:28:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by rdbandkab [+]

My tailbone needs some relief after a few hours in the saddle..   Probably going to have my OEM modified, but would love to try the Kawi Ergo seat.
Heck,  I'd even buy one if they weren't over $400!!  Accessory seats should be half that.

richy
Richy

As one suffering from Prostate problems, the solutions I have found that work are:

1 - fitting a cheap 3D stretch mesh seat cover e.g. by Sit&Fly (£20) - keeps your butt cool and dry.

2 - Wearing Moto-Skiveez "Adventure Skiveez" riding pants (£50)

I went from ~100 miles max, to all/multi day riding  :biker1: :biker1:
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 03:35:15 PM by TowerMan »
Richard    :001:           

Offline argus

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2019 versys 1000 se
  • City / Town: Charlottetown, PE
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 06:25:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by rdbandkab [+]

richy

I have the ergo-seat on my bike not as comfortable as the original seat because it is narrower at the front but allows me to reach the ground.
If the tail bone is your bother i think you better go with aftermarket seat or have it modified with softer foam
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 06:58:12 PM by argus »
Kickstand

Online Sir Rupert

• Versys Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 07:19:59 PM »
The Moto-Skiveez pants might be the solution, but bear in mind that they will effectively raise your seat height. Also, I've seen very similar items designed for cyclists at a fraction of the £50 asking price.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Online Floydsz1

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 09:41:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sir Rupert [+]
The Moto-Skiveez pants might be the solution, but bear in mind that they will effectively raise your seat height. Also, I've seen very similar items designed for cyclists at a fraction of the £50 asking price.

Was just talking about this with my Mate. He'd tried the cycling shorts but the extra padding is actually in the wrong place so he's thrown them away.

Offline greenesand

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: EL PASO
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 02:23:06 AM »
I pulled the cover back and hollowed out the exact spot you are having issues with. I basically ran a channel right down the middle front to back cause I was also getting pain behind the twins..if you know what I mean. I also find taking a sharp knife (razor blade) and cutting a shallow grid pattern helped me lessen the height and relieve pressure on my sciatic as well.

Offline rdbandkab

• Versys Pro
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2019, 03:02:51 AM »
Thanks for all the replies guys.  I may try softening up the tailbone area with some softer foam and will check out moto skivvies too.  Our riding shorts are getting old and are no more than a wicking material that's past its prime.
*we did 333 miles/535km today and the temps reached 90f/32c.  The pain is worth it!
richy

Offline weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2019, 04:13:06 AM »
Terry Adcock is in Tennessee makes great custom seats at a reasonable price....https://www.terryscustomseats.com

I had one of his flat seats made for my V-650 and V-1000

IMG_1503 by weljo2001, on Flickr

Terry's Custom Seat's Flat Seat For Versys 1000 by weljo2001, on Flickr
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline rdbandkab

• Versys Pro
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 03:01:33 PM »
Stopped at the local upholstery guru the other day...  I'll be taking the seat in for a slight modification of the driver area next week.  He'll be taking a section of the foam out of the driver area and shaping some less dense foam in its place.  He'll be adjusting the area to make sure it's level (so I'm not sliding slowly towards the fuel tank) and using a slightly less dense foam for the tailbone area.
He's a custom car guy, so I'm confident that it'll look great... and the price is very acceptable.  Stay tuned.
I might even drop some coin on the Skivees also.  I've been wearing bicycling shorts with some success, but we've been riding in nasty heat lately, and keeping that area dry will always help.

richy
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 03:07:47 PM by rdbandkab »

Recent Topics

waggish