Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: UK service costs  (Read 615 times)

Offline Yanto Maan

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: VFR1200f
  • City / Town: Knighton
UK service costs
« on: July 12, 2019, 11:19:12 PM »
Hi, new here. Can anyone provide some costs for services at main dealers please? The costs i am seeing seem extremely high especially for minor services i.e £330 at 7500k and £650 for 15k? I didn't realise the kwak was so high tech to warrent such costs? Or have i got it wrong? Thanks

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: UK service costs
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 09:46:14 AM »
TBH, I haven't checked costs for these services against the schedule, but the prices you quote seem to me to be too high  :028:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Dorset_Versys

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2018 Tourer
  • City / Town: North Dorset
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 09:55:12 AM »
Just had my 7500 mile service done at the dealers 2 weeks ago - £175 including a loan bike for the day

Offline Yanto Maan

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 10:31:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
TBH, I haven't checked costs for these services against the schedule, but the prices you quote seem to me to be too high  :028:   
I was quoting a main dealer from a web search, when you do get your service costs can you post please?

Offline Yanto Maan

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 10:33:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dorset_Versys [+]
Just had my 7500 mile service done at the dealers 2 weeks ago - £175 including a loan bike for the day
At a main dealer? If so thats much more encouraging and a relief as don't want service costs to stop me buying the bike. Don't suppose you know how much they charge for the major 15k? 

Online pinkaardvark

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys GT
  • City / Town: Swavesey
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 11:04:48 AM »
I found with my last bike which I had taken a service paln out on, they charged ridiculous amounts to eat up the service plan. I didn't do many mile on the bike and sold it around 4500, getting it serviced just before hand for the new owner and I recall that cost £300+ for effectively a check and oil change.

SO much so I have avoided a service plan on the new bike and will shop around more when work is needed.

Offline Yanto Maan

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 01:26:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by pinkaardvark [+]
I found with my last bike which I had taken a service paln out on, they charged ridiculous amounts to eat up the service plan. I didn't do many mile on the bike and sold it around 4500, getting it serviced just before hand for the new owner and I recall that cost £300+ for effectively a check and oil change.

SO much so I have avoided a service plan on the new bike and will shop around more when work is needed.
Not so encouraging :187:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 08:26:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Yanto Maan [+]
I was quoting a main dealer from a web search, when you do get your service costs can you post please?

The first service on my bike was at no cost as it was included within the purchase.

The next service for my bike will be due at 7500 miles which for me could be 12 months or so hence.

I would ring my local supplying dealer who will quote exact costs, but it is a public holiday here until Tuesday, i have a dealer friend in England who will provide a quote, but he will not ge at work until Monday.

I'll report back ...... hope that helps   :028:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline JohnRS

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Hebburn
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 12:20:59 PM »
My 4,000 miles oil and filter change was quoted at £170. This was with no loan bike and they expected me to drop it off and wait up to 3 hours to do it. I ended up buying genuine parts and doing it my self. It cost £38 including next day (Saturday) delivery. It took less than an hour to remove and refit the parts.

Offline skyliner

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 - 2013
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 09:10:59 PM »
Got my 2018 booked in for its 7500 mile service, quoted ‘approx’ £350 depending on final labour time but said it’s 4 1/2 hours as the change spark plugs as well as oil and filter. The other dealer I phoned quoted £420! Once warranty is up basic servicing will be done at home.

Recent Topics

waggish