Author Topic: Passenger approved!  (Read 491 times)

Offline 5stringpicker

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2018 Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Toronto
Passenger approved!
on: July 16, 2019, 02:56:13 AM
Anyone who's on the fence about owning a Versys as a 2-up bike may appreciate this.  After my wife, Laura, sold her bike I wasn't sure how much she'd enjoy being a passenger.  She sat on the back of my old 1250 Bandit and didn't like it.  She hated the back of my FZ-09...can't say I blame her as the driver's seat was no great shakes either!  We test rode an FJR and a Concours 14 and we found that our feet were getting in each other's way on account of the position of the foot pegs.  Laura loves the roominess and comfort of the 1000 Versys.  We have no issues with our feet being too close together on the pegs.  The bike pulls well when riding 2-up and Laura doesn't end up crushing my junk into the tank at the slightest application of the brakes.  We're both pretty happy about 'our' new bike!

Cheers!

George

Offline dizzy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1KGT 18
  • City / Town: North West
Re: Passenger approved!
Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 08:21:54 AM
It is a roomy comfortable bike with good leg room. Plenty of room to shuffle about a bit too. The wife was instrumental in choosing the bike.

I know what you mean about foot interference  it was something I encountered on last bike particularly when putting feet back on the pegs after a halt. Had to "thread" them on with good lady on as pillion.

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 12:05:01 PM
Passenger review / approval from Bennetts / Bike Social  :028: :028:

Richard    :001:

Online jerry_james

• Versys Pro
  • Love riding the Big V
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000SE+
  • City / Town: Bella Vista Arkansas
Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 11:10:24 PM
Jamie and I will be doing a two up video as well. It is a great two up sport touring machine.

Jerry James
2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000SE+
Bella Vista Arkansas
https://motoadrenalinetours.blog

Offline stlee29

• Versys God
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 12:11:41 AM
My pillion are made more of kids who beam with a smile after a ride.Not much to the rear preload for this. :001:

Good safe rides.... :028:

This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Offline rdbandkab

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000 SE+
  • City / Town: WV
Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 01:14:38 PM
My pillion also approves!  (maybe except for the mounting process? :001:).
The SE has thankfully come with a great pillion area on the seat base.  The foam seems to be level enough to keep her from slowly sliding forward in "micro" amounts, causing hot spots and discomfort.  My driver area will be modified pretty soon to have the same effect.  The foam seems to be a little firmer than we're used to, coming from our aprilia Capo 1200.
Lots of room to move around though...and not a whole lot of time playing "footsie" on the SE.   We have a Moto Guzzi Breva 1100 as a second (or third?) bike...although we love the bike, there's not a whole lot of room between the footpegs.   We're constantly bumping boots.
We've owned the SE just over 2 months and even though the weather hasn't totally cooperated with us, we've reached just over 4000 miles (6400km) on the ODO.
*I'm still trying to capture some video of our WV roads..   Technical difficulties with our cameras.  :187:

richy 
Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 01:23:51 PM by rdbandkab