Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Sargent Seat  (Read 210 times)

Offline Rickrides

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Grand Terrace, CA
Sargent Seat
« on: August 01, 2019, 05:16:17 PM »
I sent my Versys 1000 seat to Sargent in Florida for new foam and cover.  Got it back yesterday (less than a week after they received it) and am quite pleased with the result though I need to take it on a few long rides to get an idea if it is significantly better than the stock seat.  It does include the cut out in the center of both rider and passenger seats for the peritoneal nerve, which is a great feature of my other Sargent seats. 

We are riding from So Cal to Yellowstone National Park in about a month and that will give me a great opportunity to see how well the seat works.

Other than some driving lights, I think I'm finished with mods for this bike.  So far, I have the optional electrical outlet, Delkevic slip on muffler, Puig windscreen, frame sliders, heated grips (aftermarket), PIAA horn, and wiring for heated gear.

Just had the 15K service done at Malcolm Smith's in Riverside where they added the AC outlet and spark plugs.  Total was about $1400, which is steep but the bike is ready to go on the trip. 

Offline thebakinator

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: New Palestine
Re: Sargent Seat
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »
I'm considering the Sargent seat for my 2019.  Any chance you would be willing to post a couple pictures of your seat?  I finished a 400 mile ride yesterday.  I am definitely looking to change the seat! 

Thanks!

Dave

Recent Topics