Author Topic: Sargent Seat  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Rickrides

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Grand Terrace, CA
Sargent Seat
on: August 01, 2019, 05:16:17 PM
I sent my Versys 1000 seat to Sargent in Florida for new foam and cover.  Got it back yesterday (less than a week after they received it) and am quite pleased with the result though I need to take it on a few long rides to get an idea if it is significantly better than the stock seat.  It does include the cut out in the center of both rider and passenger seats for the peritoneal nerve, which is a great feature of my other Sargent seats. 

We are riding from So Cal to Yellowstone National Park in about a month and that will give me a great opportunity to see how well the seat works.

Other than some driving lights, I think I'm finished with mods for this bike.  So far, I have the optional electrical outlet, Delkevic slip on muffler, Puig windscreen, frame sliders, heated grips (aftermarket), PIAA horn, and wiring for heated gear.

Just had the 15K service done at Malcolm Smith's in Riverside where they added the AC outlet and spark plugs.  Total was about $1400, which is steep but the bike is ready to go on the trip. 

Offline thebakinator

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: New Palestine
Re: Sargent Seat
Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 12:37:27 PM
I'm considering the Sargent seat for my 2019.  Any chance you would be willing to post a couple pictures of your seat?  I finished a 400 mile ride yesterday.  I am definitely looking to change the seat! 

Thanks!

Dave

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: austin, tx
Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 05:54:13 AM
Copying/pasting my response from another thread, but pictures are linked below!

I've had Sargent seats on my bikes for over a decade, so when I got my Versys one of the first things I did was contacting Sargent.  They quoted a 2 week turnaround time for my seat to be recovered/refoamed, but it only took 2 days.  I could not be happier with the fit, finish, look, and feel.  Highly recommended!!!

https://imgur.com/a/ejRQ6w7

Offline fishforpike

• Versys Member
  • Bike: KLZ VERSYS 1000
  • City / Town: Galway
Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 12:40:28 PM
Any pictures?

Offline Rigsville

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Atherstone
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 01:04:02 PM
Yup, that's the way forward, great looking seats and the most comfortable I've ever used.

Just need to save up :(

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
Reply #5 on: August 25, 2019, 10:25:19 PM
*Originally Posted by fishforpike [+]
Any pictures?

https://imgur.com/a/ejRQ6w7

Offline Iceman63

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 02' FZ1 and 18' V1
  • City / Town: Mechanicsville
Reply #6 on: August 27, 2019, 06:17:56 PM
I just got a Sargent for my 18'  as well. Haven't had a chance to take it on a long ride yet. But I'm sure it'll be fine. Headed down the BRP for a week next week.
 I've had a Sargent on my old FZ1 for about 15yrs.

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
Reply #7 on: August 27, 2019, 06:22:52 PM
*Originally Posted by Iceman63 [+]

I've had a Sargent on my old FZ1 for about 15yrs.

I previously owned a 1st Gen '05 FZ1 with a Sargent seat as well!  I loved (and miss) that bike.  It was tuned/jetted w/ a timing advance plate, Mivv pipe, and it sure did move well!  I sold it after buying an FJR and never loved the FJR like the FZ1, which brought me to the Versys 1k.  I'm happy with the V1k, but still miss the raw power the FZ1 had on tap.

Offline Iceman63

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 02' FZ1 and 18' V1
  • City / Town: Mechanicsville
Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 07:12:32 PM
*Originally Posted by sweatmachine [+]
I previously owned a 1st Gen '05 FZ1 with a Sargent seat as well!  I loved (and miss) that bike.  It was tuned/jetted w/ a timing advance plate, Mivv pipe, and it sure did move well!  I sold it after buying an FJR and never loved the FJR like the FZ1, which brought me to the Versys 1k.  I'm happy with the V1k, but still miss the raw power the FZ1 had on tap.
I still have my 02'. I just don't have the heart to part with it. She's been a great bike and I still enjoy riding it. Still in good shape and over 100,000 miles. I'd have a hard time finding a buyer now even if I did want to sell.
 Having an issue now though, may have a stator going bad, not sure.

Offline rdbandkab

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000 SE+
  • City / Town: WV
Reply #9 on: September 11, 2019, 03:00:19 PM
I've had our 2019 SE's seat slightly modded recently.  I just had the driver area leveled a bit.   It's better, but not awesome.  At the end of the day, I'm usually squirming around...trying to relieve painful "hot spots" and pressure points.
I may end up going the way of Sargent or Corbin.    :goggle:
I might even call the guru who did my old aprilia Capo 1200.  It was a work of art, but getting an appointment with the guy is tough.

richy