Author Topic: Headlight help on 2015 model  (Read 952 times)

Offline uralrob

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 V1k, 2008 V650
  • City / Town: Bridgewater N.S.
Re: Headlight help on 2015 model
Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 10:06:39 PM

Good to know  :028: .

Rob.

Offline Bayonet

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: North Essex
Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 10:19:17 PM
I discovered yesterday that Halfords sell packs of the springy, wirey, clippy thing that holds the bulb in. It was in the rack with all the small packs of circlips, crimp type connectors, washers, self tappers, rivets, fuses etc.
2015 Versys 1000- 91,000 miles, 1 frayed starter circuit wire, 10 shims (over two checks), 6 rear tyres, 8 front tyres, 11 oil changes, 2 sets of plugs, 2 air filter, 10 fork seals,  1 set of head race bearings, 3 chain and sprocket sets, 4 screens, 5 pairs of front brake pads, 2 pair of rear pads (old ones wouldn't' wear out) 10 washes and counting.

Offline Ditchburn12

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015KLZ H2 S2 MV KLV
  • City / Town: Cheshire
Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 11:47:22 PM
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
In Spain it is manditory that all motorcycles must ride at all times with the dipped beam on.

Check the section "What you must take with you to Spain" ( last sentence ) on this link

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/features/travel/how-to-ride-tour-motorcycle-spain-holiday-bike

Too late now Iím home. I know itís easy to be wise after the event but I spend a fair bit of time in Spain and loads of bikes out there without lights on and on my previous bikes itís never been an issue.
A couple more unusual car driving laws Iíve discovered in Spain, driving in bare feet is ok but itís illegal to drive in flip flops (get stuck under the pedals) and its illegal for the passenger to have their feet upon the dashboard (problems with air bags driving your knees into your head if you crash). Also the alcohol limit varies according to what classes you have on your licence eg HGV. The lowest limit is for drivers with a motorcycle entitlement even if you were driving a car at the time you were breathalised the lower limit applies.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #23 on: August 22, 2019, 08:31:40 AM
*Originally Posted by Ditchburn12 [+]
Too late now Iím home. I know itís easy to be wise after the event but I spend a fair bit of time in Spain and loads of bikes out there without lights on and on my previous bikes itís never been an issue.
A couple more unusual car driving laws Iíve discovered in Spain, driving in bare feet is ok but itís illegal to drive in flip flops (get stuck under the pedals) and its illegal for the passenger to have their feet upon the dashboard (problems with air bags driving your knees into your head if you crash). Also the alcohol limit varies according to what classes you have on your licence eg HGV. The lowest limit is for drivers with a motorcycle entitlement even if you were driving a car at the time you were breathalised the lower limit applies.

Some strange laws there,

For me there should be a simple no drink policy if you are driving ..... everyone should also remember that supping large amounts of alcohol the night before you drive/ride is also a stupid idea as the alcohol remains in your system for quite some time

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a party pooper, and I do enjoy a drink at the right time/place
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
Reply #24 on: August 22, 2019, 06:25:52 PM
*Originally Posted by Bayonet [+]
I discovered yesterday that Halfords sell packs of the springy, wirey, clippy thing that holds the bulb in. It was in the rack with all the small packs of circlips, crimp type connectors, washers, self tappers, rivets, fuses etc.
Do you have any internet link please?

waggish