Author Topic: 2019 headlights beam  (Read 13142 times)

Offline NI-Jay

• Versys Pro
  • Slow is smooth and smooth is fast...
  • Bike: Versys 1000 SE GT
  • City / Town: Coleraine
Re: 2019 headlights beam
Reply #40 on: May 20, 2021, 06:11:06 PM
I had mine checked at my local dealer with this exact same complaint. He told me they are aligned correctly and showed me pictures too but they are still too high for me.

What’s the best way to align them? Is it an easy job with common tools? How many million panels need removed?

Jay

Edit:
Never mind I read all the reply’s fully there and it’s stated a few times how to adjust them.
I’ll give it a go and see what I some up with.
Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 06:34:52 PM by NI-Jay

Offline Dusty77

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000 SE
  • City / Town: Deebing Heights
Reply #41 on: June 07, 2021, 02:51:19 AM
I had the same problem. Kawasaki mechanics usually set the lights when on their bike holding device which replicates rider "so i was told" so i took it to my non Kawasaki mechanic and he sat on it and changed the settings and now I only get half the amount of flashers. Also when I put it in 2 up with luggage mode it lowers further and only the rare oncoming flasher. my mechanic set them about 1.5cm lower which is a fair amount for a new bike.

Offline MotorMike

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2020 Versys 1000 SE
Reply #42 on: July 11, 2021, 05:06:13 AM
Interesting that I ran across your post.  I have a 2020 and found the same thing.  I rarely ride at night, but caught myself out late in the spring and noticed the headlights lit up the signs well, but the road not so much.

Also, other drivers will pull over if I’m behind them and then get in back of me, I think it’s because of the bright bulbs pointing up.

I went out to a dark parking lot and aimed the bike against a wall using the recommendation from the manual - headlight 25 feet from the wall, bright spot of the beam aimed 2 inches below the height of the bulb.  It did not seem low enough to me, so I lowered it another 2 inches.

That seems to light up the road much better, but I still believe I am brighting the cars when I follow them.  Does anyone have a better recommendation than what’s in the manual?

I also notice that I needed to sit on the motorcycle while I aimed it or the beam was really high.

Offline Rockdoc

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2019 V1000 SE GT
  • City / Town: Derby
Reply #43 on: July 11, 2021, 10:42:48 AM
I got my dealer to adjust the headlight but recently had it checked on a beam setter. The mechanic asked at one point if it was on high and then made the comment "It's not very bright, is it? I don't like LEDs. They're nothing like as good as a halogen bulb. Good job you've got the spotlights as well. I reckon you'll need them."

Keith
2019 Emerald Blazed Green Metallic/Flat Spark Black SE GT.
Where do they get the names for these colours?

Offline Guill1234

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2019 versus 100 se l
  • City / Town: Azusa ca usa
Reply #44 on: July 11, 2021, 07:03:24 PM
I like the bike but the lights are a big issue. If you light up the road and then choose the high beams, the light are raised minimally. On my Bonneville there  is huge difference between low and high and works very well. I also think the corner lights don't do much. You get some light along with dead dark spots.

Offline Rockdoc

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2019 V1000 SE GT
  • City / Town: Derby
Reply #45 on: July 11, 2021, 10:16:08 PM
With the Covid lockdowns I got no riding done on dark nights last winter so I can't comment but I had the alignment checked to make sure it was a good as it could be. I intend to do some this year.

Keith
2019 Emerald Blazed Green Metallic/Flat Spark Black SE GT.
Where do they get the names for these colours?

Offline KawaIT84

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000 SE
  • City / Town: Catania
Reply #46 on: October 12, 2021, 05:26:08 PM
hi guys, i have the same problem with my bike, the light are too high, I must necessarily lower them a little.

what do they think about when they do the quality control in the factory?  :notsure:

Offline NI-Jay

• Versys Pro
  • Slow is smooth and smooth is fast...
  • Bike: Versys 1000 SE GT
  • City / Town: Coleraine
Reply #47 on: October 12, 2021, 05:36:51 PM
*Originally Posted by KawaIT84 [+]
hi guys, i have the same problem with my bike, the light are too high, I must necessarily lower them a little.

what do they think about when they do the quality control in the factory?  :notsure:

I think they follow the rising sun… depends on what time of day the bike was signed off as ok to leave the factory…

Online Floydsz1

• Versys God
  • Bike: 1000 SE GT 2019
  • City / Town: Sunny Morecambe
Reply #48 on: October 12, 2021, 08:21:00 PM
*Originally Posted by NI-Jay [+]
I think they follow the rising sun… depends on what time of day the bike was signed off as ok to leave the factory…

Excellent   :745:

waggish