Author Topic: Soupy's lowering link failure  (Read 594 times)

Offline woodman6

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 V1000LT
Soupy's lowering link failure
on: January 04, 2020, 04:04:55 AM
Anyone considering these lowering links please beware. I was very lucky, this happened while putting bike down off of center stand after oiling chain. I had just come home after a 2 hour ride.

Offline Idlebiker

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Honda CBF+Versys1000
  • City / Town: South Bucks
Re: Soupy's lowering link failure
Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 10:39:44 AM
Just to add to this topic, here in U.K. we have Lust Racing who supply really excellent 30mm lowering kits (often complete with side stand adjustment ‘bits’). Never heard of any issues with them. I bought the bike with theirs already fitted to my Mk3 and after ensuring the front forks were suitably raised in the yokes, (as per Lust Racing supplied instructions), I haven’t noticed any handling issues. Admittedly I’m new to the bike so have little ‘before & after’ experience to be an expert. It may be worth contacting them via t’interweb! Cheers.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2020, 01:39:32 PM
*Originally Posted by Idlebiker [+]
Just to add to this topic, here in U.K. we have Lust Racing who supply really excellent 30mm lowering kits (often complete with side stand adjustment ‘bits’). Never heard of any issues with them. I bought the bike with theirs already fitted to my Mk3 and after ensuring the front forks were suitably raised in the yokes, (as per Lust Racing supplied instructions), I haven’t noticed any handling issues. Admittedly I’m new to the bike so have little ‘before & after’ experience to be an expert. It may be worth contacting them via t’interweb! Cheers.

Sound advice  :028: 
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 01:40:52 PM
The consequences of that happening whilst on the move don't bear thinking about  :5:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Online Floydsz1

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 03:03:47 PM
 :5: :5: not good at all.

Offline Dannyboy1949

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Medford, Oregon
Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 05:19:05 PM
I'm working on a lowering link design that will be adjustable in 1/2 inch increments, affordable, and bulletproof.

I'll update y'all when I have a finished and commercially attractive product. I'm just one old guy with a tiny work shop so R&D is time consuming 😁
I used to do self deprecating humor, but I wasn't very good at it.

waggish