Author Topic: Sargent Seat  (Read 2019 times)

Online weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
Re: Sargent Seat
Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 07:05:17 PM
*Originally Posted by rdbandkab [+]
I've had our 2019 SE's seat slightly modded recently.  I just had the driver area leveled a bit.   It's better, but not awesome.  At the end of the day, I'm usually squirming around...trying to relieve painful "hot spots" and pressure points.
I may end up going the way of Sargent or Corbin.    :goggle:
I might even call the guru who did my old aprilia Capo 1200.  It was a work of art, but getting an appointment with the guy is tough.

richy

You should check out Terry Adcock in Tennessee....https://www.terryscustomseats.com

I went with 7 different seats on my Versys 650 including a Baldwin,Russell Day Long and a Corbin along with an Adcock Flat seat i had Terry make. So when i got my V-1000 i went straight to Terry for another Flat Seat for it....

Terry's Custom Seat's Flat Seat For Versys 1000 by weljo2001, on Flickr
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein

Offline rdbandkab

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000 SE+
  • City / Town: WV
Reply #11 on: October 03, 2019, 04:14:56 PM
Contacting Terry for a quote.
Going for the look as pictured for the Versys 300 seat in the gallery section.   Double bucket (maybe not as pronounced as your photo).

Richy

Offline static

• Versys Newbie
Reply #12 on: December 21, 2019, 11:19:37 PM
Any feedback on how these sargent seats are working out?

Offline Iceman63

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 02' FZ1 and 18' V1
  • City / Town: Mechanicsville
Reply #13 on: December 22, 2019, 01:45:46 PM
Im liking mine a lot. Done a couple 3 to 400 mile days on it so far, and its comfortable to me. My wife likes the passenger accommodations as well

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
Reply #14 on: December 23, 2019, 02:36:31 PM
*Originally Posted by static [+]
Any feedback on how these sargent seats are working out?

I have about 6,000 miles on mine, with a few 500 mile days in there.  No complaints whatsoever.  I love the seat.  I've done a ton of mods to my bike and this is by far my favorite.

Offline savedzrex

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2018 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: TALLAHASSEE
Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 03:24:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Rickrides [+]
I sent my Versys 1000 seat to Sargent in Florida for new foam and cover.  Got it back yesterday (less than a week after they received it) and am quite pleased with the result though I need to take it on a few long rides to get an idea if it is significantly better than the stock seat.  It does include the cut out in the center of both rider and passenger seats for the peritoneal nerve, which is a great feature of my other Sargent seats. 

We are riding from So Cal to Yellowstone National Park in about a month and that will give me a great opportunity to see how well the seat works.

Other than some driving lights, I think I'm finished with mods for this bike.  So far, I have the optional electrical outlet, Delkevic slip on muffler, Puig windscreen, frame sliders, heated grips (aftermarket), PIAA horn, and wiring for heated gear.

Just had the 15K service done at Malcolm Smith's in Riverside where they added the AC outlet and spark plugs.  Total was about $1400, which is steep but the bike is ready to go on the trip.

Great looking bike,

You may have seen some of my older posts on zrxoa......I went w/ the 2018 Versys 1000.  Love the bike for sure. I've done several MODS...... just a few more to make it better. This the first bike in decades w/o a Sargent seat. So far the oem, not too bad.  Take care..... savedzrex (Greg)
My 18 Versys 1000 & 03 ZRX 1200R