Author Topic: DVR Bike Cam  (Read 1901 times)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: DVR Bike Cam
Reply #20 on: May 24, 2020, 01:31:33 PM
WOW, that's a neat idea John  :169:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Offline JohnRS

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Hebburn
Reply #21 on: May 24, 2020, 03:15:28 PM
#Aliexpress £2.13  29%OFF | F14557 FPV Carbon Fiber Anti Vibration Plate & Rubber Balls for Phantom 1 2 Gimbal Mount Quadcopter for Gopro Hero 2 3 PTZ mount
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dU1tpTx
These are them, they're carbon so weigh nothing. Two of the pre drilled holes were about 1mm out so a little dremelling and they mounted perfectly.

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
  • Kawasaki-certified mechanic Motorcycle/ATV/UTV/SXS
  • Bike: 2015 V1K
  • City / Town: Cottageville
Reply #22 on: June 01, 2020, 03:29:11 AM
*Originally Posted by JohnRS [+]
I ordered some of the anti vibration things mentioned for use on drones a while back and finally got around to fitting them. I'm yet to test them but there isn't any reason they shouldn't work.

Do let us know if they reduce the jello-ing effect at all.
Shoodaben Engineering-tuned ECU, Black Widow exhaust, DanMoto muffler, Givi Touring windscreen, Givi dual-lit V56 trunk, Akeeyo DVR, APE bar risers, dual Hella horns, SRC Moto engine guards, headlight guard and radiator grille, Goldwing pegs on Motowerk lowers, Vista Cruise throttle-lock, Tymate TPMS, Race Tech Gold Valved Forks, STS self-canceling turn signals & STS braking system, Renthal Fatbars, Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers, front fender extender, rear tire hugger.

Offline JohnRS

• Versys Pro
Reply #23 on: June 01, 2020, 01:39:02 PM
It reduces it yes, mainly the major wobbles but it still has a distortion around the edges. I think it's a combination of rolling shutter and the software trying to combat vibration.
I'm going out this week so I'll pull a video off to compare.

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
Reply #24 on: June 01, 2020, 02:51:36 PM
Iíve got the Akeeyo AKY-958 and Iím very happy with many things about it, including WiFi, DVR waterproof, etc. Hoping to reduce jello-ing further, but overall quite pleased.
Shoodaben Engineering-tuned ECU, Black Widow exhaust, DanMoto muffler, Givi Touring windscreen, Givi dual-lit V56 trunk, Akeeyo DVR, APE bar risers, dual Hella horns, SRC Moto engine guards, headlight guard and radiator grille, Goldwing pegs on Motowerk lowers, Vista Cruise throttle-lock, Tymate TPMS, Race Tech Gold Valved Forks, STS self-canceling turn signals & STS braking system, Renthal Fatbars, Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers, front fender extender, rear tire hugger.

Offline Rigsville

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Atherstone
Reply #25 on: June 02, 2020, 05:43:48 PM
Do any of these have some form of impact detection?

I was taken out by a car driver who forgot to give way at a junction last week and the first I knew was when I woke up in the ambulance! Obviously in the scenario i wouldnít have been able to save the recording as I was sleeping, but if it had some form of impact detection it would have auto saved the recording.

BTW my Versys is completely stuffed.

Offline JohnRS

• Versys Pro
Reply #26 on: June 02, 2020, 08:06:24 PM
Yes. Mine had a G sensor that automatically records a clip to the SD card in the event of an impact. It records x number of minutes before and after. It also protects the file so it wont be overwritten.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #27 on: June 02, 2020, 08:22:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Rigsville [+]
Do any of these have some form of impact detection?

I was taken out by a car driver who forgot to give way at a junction last week and the first I knew was when I woke up in the ambulance! Obviously in the scenario i wouldnít have been able to save the recording as I was sleeping, but if it had some form of impact detection it would have auto saved the recording.

BTW my Versys is completely stuffed.

Rigsville, I'm sad to hear of your accident and I hope that you are ok and not seriously injured.

Bad to hear about your bike being badly damaged. 

Hope that you are ok   :169:
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
Reply #28 on: June 03, 2020, 01:37:54 AM
Iím also sorry for your unfortunate mishap at the hands of another careless caged driver. AFAIK, all of the DVR systems offered for bikes have the G-sensor option and will lock the three (before, during, after) files in an 🆘 file folder and not overwrite them as the previous reply also affirms.

Offline Rigsville

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Atherstone
Reply #29 on: June 03, 2020, 11:12:15 AM
Thanks for everyones concerns, while I was, and still will be for a few more weeks, hopefully none of my injuries are permanent and won't stop me getting back on a bike...eventually.

Just have to decide what bike to buy, what do you recommend?   :152: :152: :152: :152: