Author Topic: TPMS?  (Read 1326 times)

Offline SammyG

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: None
TPMS?
on: February 13, 2020, 02:05:31 PM
Hey Folks, does the 2019 1000 SE LT have tire pressure monitoring? Can't find any info about it.....Thanks in advance. 

Offline NoddyG

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 100 SE
  • City / Town: Helston
Re: TPMS?
Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 02:34:04 PM
Sammy

The UK models do not have them on and I have not seen anything to suggest they are fitted for other markets.

Noddy

Offline SaultGuy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 LT SE 1000
  • City / Town: Sault Ste. Marie Ont
Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 09:18:45 PM
*Originally Posted by SammyG [+]
Hey Folks, does the 2019 1000 SE LT have tire pressure monitoring? Can't find any info about it.....Thanks in advance.

Not offered OEM.  I purchased the Fobo Bike 2 TPMS sensors at Christmas.  Being it's winter here, have not had a chance to try it out.  Reviews are good on it however.

https://motorcycleinnovations.ca/collections/versys/products/fobo-bike-2-truly-bluetooth-5-tpms-for-motorcycles
Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 09:23:51 PM by SaultGuy

Offline TallyRex

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 11:44:29 PM
I didn't like the OEMs on the Concours (GTR 14).  The battery gets weak and for 15 minutes all it does is flash that the battery is weak, no other displays possible.  In order to change the battery, you've got to take the tire off and change the unit.  I don't mind checking pressures every other week.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #4 on: February 14, 2020, 08:14:20 AM
*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
I didn't like the OEMs on the Concours (GTR 14).  The battery gets weak and for 15 minutes all it does is flash that the battery is weak, no other displays possible.  In order to change the battery, you've got to take the tire off and change the unit.  I don't mind checking pressures every other week.

I never had any problems with the TPMS on my C14 (GTR 1400s here), obviously the batteries will eventually flatten but I think this takes quite a while., maybe 2 years ? 

I do agree that when the battery does eventually go flat then it can be a pain in the but to change them...potentially expensive too
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Online Blue

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: UK
Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 08:31:03 AM
These are with looking at:

https://fit2gotpms.com/michelin-pressure-checker/

I've been using them for about a year on my bike and all our cars. They are cheap (at 40 for 4) and easy to fit. Simply a case of touching the reader to the cap to get the pressure.

There are no batteries in the cap (the reader is rechargable and uses NFC to communicate with the cap), so the cap is very lightweight. [The caps that use batteries are heavier, and I've seen a case where the magnified weight of the cap spinning around with the wheel caused the rubber valve stem to split ( I think it was a Garmin cap).]

The same company produces remote realtime readers as well https://fit2gotpms.com/michelin-tyre-pressure-monitoring-system-bike-fit2go-tpms/ but I wanted a non battery cap.

Offline TallyRex

• Versys Master
Reply #6 on: February 14, 2020, 08:54:46 AM
I like that a lot better than what the GTR has.

Offline TallyRex

• Versys Master
Reply #7 on: February 14, 2020, 08:57:36 AM
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
I never had any problems with the TPMS on my C14 (GTR 1400s here), obviously the batteries will eventually flatten but I think this takes quite a while., maybe 2 years ? 

I do agree that when the battery does eventually go flat then it can be a pain in the but to change them...potentially expensive too

Yeah, about 2 years, but in 10 years my Acura's TPMS never had this problem.  I guess theirs ran off the car battery

Offline stlee29

• Versys God
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 09:29:15 AM
https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.msg237494.html#msg237494

Worthwhile especially to read tire's pressures when cold.
This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Offline 2tallrider

• Versys Member
Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 03:48:47 PM
call me old fashioned but I've been using one of these thingy's for years  :008: