Author Topic: New product from Powerbronze for your Versys 1000  (Read 886 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline TowerMan

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 731
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
  • Country: scotland
Re: New product from Powerbronze for your Versys 1000
Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 10:57:02 AM
*Originally Posted by RichardPB [+]
Hello TowerMan,

As I've explained previously, I had passed your suggestion onto our development staff and we are extremely busy with new development.

Powerbronze no longer make carbon fibre chain guards and the one for the Versys 1000 has been discontinued from our range.

Apologies, but at the current time, I cannot see us developing the extended chain guard as we are exceptionally busy with new development.

All the best,
Richard
RichardPB

Who said anything about "carbon fibre" - any black plastic will do - We ride, we don't polish our bikes all the time.  :028:

Anyway, I'm in inital talks with Pyramid Plastics, who are interested in possibly doing somthing for us  :152:
Like they do for the Tiger 800 Chain Guard Extension  :028:

Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:08:56 AM by TowerMan
Richard    :001: 
                   

2020 NVM now on HOLD until Sept 2020

Offline TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 9541
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
  • Country: gb
Re: New product from Powerbronze for your Versys 1000
Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 08:55:06 PM
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
RichardPB

Who said anything about "carbon fibre" - any black plastic will do - We ride, we don't polish our bikes all the time.  :028:

Anyway, I'm in inital talks with Pyramid Plastics, who are interested in possibly doing somthing for us  :152:
Like they do for the Tiger 800 Chain Guard Extension  :028:



It would be wise to establish what, if any, interest there is on this forum regarding your talks with Pyramid Plastics before making any commitment to Pyramid ....... 

I'm aware that the Versys 650 chain guard is the same product as the chain guard fitted to some Versys 1000 models, and wonder therefore if your enquiries are in respect of the V650 forum and its members ?
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Offline francis83

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1994
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
  • Country: fr
Re: New product from Powerbronze for your Versys 1000
Reply #12 on: February 27, 2020, 02:26:59 PM
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
RichardPB

Who said anything about "carbon fibre" - any black plastic will do - We ride, we don't polish our bikes all the time.  :028:

Anyway, I'm in inital talks with Pyramid Plastics, who are interested in possibly doing somthing for us  :152:
Like they do for the Tiger 800 Chain Guard Extension  :028:




Hi TowerMan

I made myself a chain guard similar to this one and it's not enough efficient. I think a model similar to the Givi for the Honda NC 750 X is better. (make a search on gogol!!)
The main point is invisible for the eyes

Offline TowerMan

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 731
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
  • Country: scotland
Re: New product from Powerbronze for your Versys 1000
Reply #13 on: February 27, 2020, 02:46:54 PM
*Originally Posted by francis83 [+]

Hi TowerMan

I made myself a chain guard similar to this one and it's not enough efficient. I think a model similar to the Givi for the Honda NC 750 X is better. (make a search on gogol!!)
Frances

Agreed but I trying to get them to make somthing more on the shape of this, as an add-on extension  :152:

Richard    :001: 
                   

2020 NVM now on HOLD until Sept 2020

Offline francis83

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1994
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
  • Country: fr
Re: New product from Powerbronze for your Versys 1000
Reply #14 on: February 27, 2020, 02:49:30 PM
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
Frances

Agreed but I trying to get them to make somthing more on the shape of this, as an add-on extension  :152:



That's a good way, I think!! I saw this picture but never found a bicycle chain guard similar!!
Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 02:54:15 PM by francis83
The main point is invisible for the eyes