Author Topic: Quick shift on base v1000 info  (Read 9451 times)

Offline wwb

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: versys 1000 LT SE+
  • City / Town: MANITOWOC, WI
Re: Quick shift on base v1000 info
Reply #80 on: July 05, 2020, 03:20:24 AM
To each his own.... I had no more than a couple hundred miles on mine, and disabled the quick shifter.  Seems smoother and more natural now, where it was kind of mushy and vague with the quick shifter enabled.

But let's get real, folks.... this ain't a track bike - why would you even want a quick shifter?

Offline 2tallrider

• Versys Pro
Reply #81 on: July 05, 2020, 03:48:41 AM
*Originally Posted by Stevieboy [+]
Well I tried the reset procedure today and I can't say I felt much if any difference. I'm new to the bike so still getting used to how the QS operates but it certainly isn't as consistently smooth as the one I had on the 1250 GSA. Bizarrely a couple of times it felt at its smoothest at relatively low revs and fairly small throttle opening.  At higher revs it often changes up with a definite mechanical-feeling clunk from the gearbox as the next gear engages. Not something I will use all the time for sure but handy for high speed overtakes.

I can also feel the famous sponginess in the gear shifter but that is something I will quickly get used to. Its not ideal but not really an issue for me. Overall I'm loving the bike. Super smooth, comfortable and much more nimble than the GSA, easier to move around in the garage and it almost puts itself on the main stand! How easy is that?

Quick question re the heated grips. The manual says there are 3 levels but isn't that clear on how you move between them. My understanding is that when you first push the button, after the amber flashes, the grips are at 100% heat. Is this correct and if so how do you select a lower heating level? I have read the handbook section but I'm still confused!
Cheers, Steve
All I know is when i press the heat button it will either flash once, twice, or three times in quick succession. It will do this 3 or 4 times then stay solid. one quick flash is low, two quick flashes is medium, and three quick flashes is high. If you want to change it I think you long press the power button. If you shut the bike off, the grip heat stays on your last setting when you turn it back on.

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 SE 2019
  • City / Town: Milano
Reply #82 on: July 05, 2020, 07:08:11 AM
To change setting you must press the button when the light is on and solid.
From off, press the button. The green flashes 3 times (high). When it is solid press the button again. The green flashes 2 times (medium). When it is solid press again. The green flashes once (low). Finally, when it is solid press again and it will flash 3 times.
And so on.

Offline nocny

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 SE
  • City / Town: Ruda Slaska
Reply #83 on: July 05, 2020, 11:45:41 PM
BTW the level of the heated grips should be on the main display. Indicator on the grips is barely visible when you driving fast :)

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 SE 2019
  • City / Town: Milano
Reply #84 on: July 06, 2020, 07:32:59 AM
Agreed. They are also very difficult to use when you have mounted muffs, that is, just when you need them most.

Offline Stevieboy

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Stockport
Reply #85 on: July 06, 2020, 07:51:56 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Can't say I've noticed the 'heated grips on' indicator on the dash!

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #86 on: July 06, 2020, 08:14:27 PM
*Originally Posted by Stevieboy [+]
Thanks for the info guys. Can't say I've noticed the 'heated grips on' indicator on the dash!

There isn't one .... I think nocny was suggesting that there ought to be a display on the dash    :169:   

We have wondered off Topic now

has anyone else tried another make of similar bike with QS fitted who can offer a comparison  with the Versys system  ?
Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 08:16:18 PM by TYKE
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Rog

waggish