Author Topic: SE standard screen  (Read 664 times)

Offline Versys1000gaz

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: northampton
SE standard screen
on: March 26, 2020, 09:05:41 PM
I have been waiting months now for somebody to make a "double bubble" screen for the se,i can't adjust my screen because of the scoop in the middle,if you wanted to raise it up the flap of screen goes into the back of the iconic sat nav mount so you can't move the screen at all,on all my other bikes powerbronze for example would have had a double bubble out by now,other times buying them were for looks as i always had a solid black one,now i actually want one for a purpose you can't get one,this model companies have been really slow to do bits for it,waited months for yoshimura to make a linkpipe[they already make the can i want up to 2018]got fed up with waiting and bought a scorpion,all very frustrating.

Offline NoddyG

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 100 SE
  • City / Town: Helston
Re: SE standard screen
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 09:28:41 PM
As an alternative solution the SWMotech cockpit sat nav mount allows the OEM screen to be fully adjusted without any interference.

Offline Versys1000gaz

• Versys Pro
Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 11:13:33 PM
Thanks Noddy G,I am glad you said that,because i am not at all happy with the iconic mount,i have made sat nav mount that hardly shake the sat nav at all,the iconic one makes it wobble like a jelly,i will be getting a motech one then.Also i might be able to buy a Puig dark tint touring screen with the motech mount.
Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 11:16:14 PM by Versys1000gaz

Online Floydsz1

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 11:19:15 PM
I've got an iconic one on my 2019 and I've no problems with moving the screen up and down

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 06:45:42 PM
*Originally Posted by Floydsz1 [+]
I've got an iconic one on my 2019 and I've no problems with moving the screen up and down

+1 I also have an Iconic mount on my SE .......  the screen vent does not foul the mount
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Offline Versys1000gaz

• Versys Pro
Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 07:15:39 PM
I didn't fit it the shop did but if i try and move the screen more than 15mm up the vent part of the screen goes straight into the iconic bracket,so they must have fitted it wrong because it shakes the satnav really bad aswell.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 07:37:46 PM
*Originally Posted by Versys1000gaz [+]
I didn't fit it the shop did but if i try and move the screen more than 15mm up the vent part of the screen goes straight into the iconic bracket,so they must have fitted it wrong because it shakes the satnav really bad aswell.

I'm inclined to agree with you about the fitment, my mounting bracket absolutely does not vibrate or rattle,  my guess is that yours does because it is making contact with the screen

Online Floydsz1

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 10:56:37 PM
Good post rog,  I actually went out and checked mine earlier today and no problems at all. I wonder if it could be fitted back to front,

Offline Hogie

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Fleet
Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 07:56:01 AM
I think I have the iconic mount. The instructions recommend using 2 washers (supplied)  on the lower fitting. For me this prevented the fouling on the screen adjustment. I also get slight vibration, I am now thinking of getting  SW Motech because it includes  a vibration damper.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 10:54:51 AM
Here's some pics of mine during and after installation, these may help  :001:   

Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:58:54 AM by TYKE