Author Topic: First post-lockdown ride.  (Read 692 times)

Offline Sir Rupert

• Versys Pro
First post-lockdown ride.
on: May 14, 2020, 09:42:38 PM
Well, I went for my first post-lockdown ride today.  :001:

Pootled very gently up to the main road, turned right and WOW, I'd forgotten how damn fast this bike is! How fast am I going? A quick speedo check showed....28mph  :745:

It seems that my senses have re-calibrated themselves over the last couple of months: 30 mph never felt so fast! My basic bike control seems to still be there but if I had taken my advanced test today, I'd have failed miserably. After an hour I worked myself up to the unbelievable velocity of 60 mph and even managed an overtake  :5: I think it's going to take quite a while to get back to my previous skill level. I'm sure I'm not alone in this as, like many others on this site, I'm not exactly in the first flush of youth  :whistle:

So for those of you in the same position, take it easy out there 'til you're back in the groove again :182:

I also got some shoulder and bum aches - stress I think. It was a lot of fun though and I can't wait to get out there again  :034:

Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 09:53:36 PM by Sir Rupert
Socially distant since 1954.

Offline Keener

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Re: First post-lockdown ride.
Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 12:35:00 AM
Yes  be careful out there , here in Calgary  ...many people have forgotten how to drive , defensively and offensively ..  :124:
its kinda scary out there  .....

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • City / Town: Cumbria * U.K
Re: First post-lockdown ride.
Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 11:34:20 AM
A period of re familiarisation is needed after a lengthy break from riding, it happens to us all to differing degrees
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Rog