Author Topic: Forks  (Read 613 times)

Offline Kaw

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 1000 versys
  • City / Town: WOLVERHAMPTON
Forks
on: May 17, 2020, 06:44:41 PM
There really annoying me now just seem crap ,feels like chatter over bumpy roads ,anyone found the sweet spot for settings

Online Crosshairs

• Versys God
Re: Forks
Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 12:38:29 PM
*Originally Posted by Kaw [+]
There really annoying me now just seem crap ,feels like chatter over bumpy roads ,anyone found the sweet spot for settings
fork settings will be different for everyone....do you have the sag set correctly?this is going to be the  most important setting to get right... get that right then start with the factory rebound settings and adjust from there

Offline Kaw

• Versys Pro
Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 06:10:00 PM
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
fork settings will be different for everyone....do you have the sag set correctly?this is going to be the  most important setting to get right... get that right then start with the factory rebound settings and adjust from there
Sag is set and have tried many different settings

Online Crosshairs

• Versys God
Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 06:52:05 PM
*Originally Posted by Kaw [+]
Sag is set and have tried many different settings
I  feel your pain....Im 190 in gear and the stock front never worked well for me...I spent weeks trying to get mine how I wanted them and finally gave up and sent them to Traxxion Dynamics to have them done up...the results are nothing short of amazing but the price is very steep...I think it was about $1500.00....I have a thread on here somewhere about it, oddly enough 2 ex members trolled me for weeks about it, thankfully both of those weardowns are now banned.....the fact is that depending on how you ride, the stock suspension may never work for you...I ride rather aggressively and quickly found the limit of the stock forks....they have limited rebound and zero compression settings.....in other words, they are pretty useless for anyone who pushes a bike hard . you can try new springs and a bit heavier oil but I suspect if you ride the bike like I do, you wont be happy with it that way either ....

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 09:19:24 AM
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
I  feel your pain....Im 190 in gear and the stock front never worked well for me...I spent weeks trying to get mine how I wanted them and finally gave up and sent them to Traxxion Dynamics to have them done up...the results are nothing short of amazing but the price is very steep...I think it was about $1500.00....I have a thread on here somewhere about it, oddly enough 2 ex members trolled me for weeks about it, thankfully both of those weardowns are now banned.....the fact is that depending on how you ride, the stock suspension may never work for you...I ride rather aggressively and quickly found the limit of the stock forks....they have limited rebound and zero compression settings.....in other words, they are pretty useless for anyone who pushes a bike hard . you can try new springs and a bit heavier oil but I suspect if you ride the bike like I do, you wont be happy with it that way either ....

:762:.... as usual  :028:

P.S I remember the Trolling  :033:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Offline Kaw

• Versys Pro
Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 01:07:36 PM
Well i really can,t belive kawasaki would make a bike with such utter rubbish forks ,to the point i think theres something wrong with them,its ready for its first service now so will be ask them to check oil levels in forks and springs also headrace bearings ,something must be wrong

Offline Kaw

• Versys Pro
Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 01:51:47 PM
Been to see a suspension shop this morning about the set up and its 350 pounds to fit k teck fork internals with springs and around 750 for rear shock ,he said that basically the standard stuff is just cheap rubbish and its not just Kawasaki, its most makes now ,,and bmw ,with electronic are the worst

Offline Keener

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 02:45:18 PM
It is definitely worth it ...if you are going to keep the Motorcycle long term.
I have done so on another motorcycle Traxxion front and Penske rear .

I may do so on my 2015 but would consider the rear shock first re the money  :033:
I dont consider the suspension as rubbish , just comfortable  :002:
Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 02:50:50 PM by Keener

Offline Kaw

• Versys Pro
Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 03:24:51 PM
Sorry to say i think it really rubbish and its a brand new bike,great if you have lots of nice smooth roads but the uk roads are pot hole city lol

Offline Vern1

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Tiger 1050
  • City / Town: Carshalton
Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 07:42:48 PM
Being tall, heavy and high handle bar risers don't help. HM racing did the suspension upgrade on my Versys and it handles fine up to a point but they were only able to get a Ktec kit for the one leg, it could really do with damping adjustments in both to share the work load when pushing on a bit.  It really is all about saving money on production,  cars are the same but most people won't notice.