Author Topic: Sit&Fly 3d Mesh Seat Cover  (Read 2292 times)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: SHANKS'S PONY !
  • City / Town: Wigton
Re: Sit&Fly 3d Mesh Seat Cover
Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 06:16:19 PM
It's good to know that measurements have now been made available from the retailer,  this should help other members in making an informed decision about what they require, 

Thank you Towerman for obtaining these measurements.

So, if you plan to purchase one of these covers make sure you do so after checking the dimensions listed above and remember that Mk2 (2015 MY) and  Mk3 (2015 MY)  OEM seats are differently sized.
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Rog

Offline Stevieboy

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Stockport
Reply #21 on: June 10, 2020, 11:28:55 AM
I'm in the process of selling my seat cover to another member (thanks Vern!) and have been in touch with the seller re sizing. He recommended an XL size cover for a 2019 bike. I was sceptical as it is supposed to be the right size for a Versys 650 and ordered an XXL and he messaged me to say he is sending an XL and has assured it it will fit. I'll let you know how it goes!

Offline Stevieboy

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Stockport
Reply #22 on: June 24, 2020, 08:20:31 PM
So the XL version of the Sit 'n Fly seat cover arrived today and is now fitted to my Mk3. It's quite a tight fit but it does cover the whole seat adequately. I would expect that an XXL would also fit with a bit less tugging and general messing around but at least the XL fits!

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
Reply #23 on: September 28, 2020, 04:30:41 PM
Are y'all still happy with your seat covers?  I had a long day in the saddle Saturday and am looking for some additional relief!

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
  • Kawasaki-certified mechanic Motorcycle/ATV/UTV/SXS
  • Bike: 2015 V1K
  • City / Town: Cottageville
Reply #24 on: September 28, 2020, 04:39:04 PM
Absolutely love mine. Iíll only take it off once winter weather arrives and I need warmth instead of air circulation under my butt. I did take it off for my track day yesterday @ Carolina Motorsports Park, but putting it back on today. Rain and warm/hot weather, that thingís a godsend, the additional cush is icing on the cake.
Shoodaben tune, Black Widow exhaust, DanMoto can, Sprint air filter, Givi Touring screen, Givi dual-lit V56 trunk, Akeeyo DVR, APE bar risers, Hella horns, SRC Moto engine guard, headlight guard and radiator grille, Goldwing pegs on Motowerk lowers, Vista throttle-lock, Tymate TPMS, Race Tech Gold Valve forks, STS self-canceling signals & STS braking system, Vigo tracker, Renthal Fatbars, 520 chainwheels, Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers, fender extender, rear tire hugger.

Offline sweatmachine

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Austin, Texas
Reply #25 on: September 28, 2020, 05:18:51 PM
*Originally Posted by Bigpadg [+]
Absolutely love mine. Iíll only take it off once winter weather arrives and I need warmth instead of air circulation under my butt. I did take it off for my track day yesterday @ Carolina Motorsports Park, but putting it back on today. Rain and warm/hot weather, that thingís a godsend, the additional cush is icing on the cake.

You have the XXXL1, correct?

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
Reply #26 on: September 28, 2020, 05:27:49 PM
Yes, and any/all excess easily gathers under the seat. It never moves during riding, always stays put. Once fitted, I cut four slits underneath, two fitting over the large rearward rubber-bottomed seatposts and two tiny ones so the mid-seat steel hooks can fit under their catches. Itís a very rip-stop material, so no worries about the cuts expanding from use or over time.
Shoodaben tune, Black Widow exhaust, DanMoto can, Sprint air filter, Givi Touring screen, Givi dual-lit V56 trunk, Akeeyo DVR, APE bar risers, Hella horns, SRC Moto engine guard, headlight guard and radiator grille, Goldwing pegs on Motowerk lowers, Vista throttle-lock, Tymate TPMS, Race Tech Gold Valve forks, STS self-canceling signals & STS braking system, Vigo tracker, Renthal Fatbars, 520 chainwheels, Centramatic dynamic wheel balancers, fender extender, rear tire hugger.

Offline Kaw

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 1000 versys
  • City / Town: WOLVERHAMPTON
Reply #27 on: September 28, 2020, 08:55:45 PM
*Originally Posted by TowerMan [+]
Over the past couple of weeks i have got a few PM's on what my seat cover is.
eg

Rather than reply individually to these PM's, I decided to write here about it for everyones info  :7:

It is the Sit&Fly Stretch 3D Mesh seat cover, supplied by the Ebay Seller who goes by the name of  - free_tax_2012
It costs about £21 / $25
The size i have fitted to the V1k is a XXXL1 ( Ebay Link HERE:028: as a smaller XXXL is on the limit of stretch  / fitting properly :027:
It stretch fits over the seat and then is held by velcro straps underneath, and take about 30 sec to fit / take off  :7:

In hot weather it flows a ton of cool air under your ass (so no hot monkey butt syndrome) and in rain the water does not pool / soak your crotch as it just drains away  :38:
Re grip - if you are wearing leather trousers or cloth (ie Kevlar / Denim) then it is OK
However if you are wearing Textiles / plastic rain trousers, it can slid a bit, but if the pants have a butt grip panel then you are OK.

I have been using one on my V650 for the past 4 years and fitted on to the V1k a couple of weeks after picking the bike up from Geoff - 100MA
He also now a Sit&Fly fitted to his V650

Here are a couple of Youtube reviews I have also found that sum up the pros (lots) and cons (none) of the product :031:

It is so good that even took one to the US and fitted it to a T800 XR hire bike, when I traveled around Moab / Colorado / Yellowstone in 38C/ 100F heat in June 2018

Hi mate does this cover mark the seat or rub the paint work

Offline Bigpadg

• Versys Pro
Reply #28 on: September 28, 2020, 09:22:10 PM
Towerman would know better than I, but after almost a year mostly on the bike, no harm to any hard surfaces or finishes, only a slight honeycomb pattern left in the vinyl after removal that disappears after a couple days. I truly have not a single complaint. A bargain at twice the price, imho.

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk1 V650 & Mk2 V1k
  • City / Town: Biggar.
Reply #29 on: September 28, 2020, 09:33:47 PM
*Originally Posted by Bigpadg [+]
Towerman would know better than I, but after almost a year mostly on the bike, no harm to any hard surfaces or finishes, only a slight honeycomb pattern left in the vinyl after removal that disappears after a couple days. I truly have not a single complaint. A bargain at twice the price, imho.

What he said  :028:  :031:
Richard    :001: 

waggish