Author Topic: SW MOTECH USA - Finally (I hope)  (Read 1479 times)

Offline markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Black, Red trim
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
Re: SW MOTECH USA - Finally (I hope)
Reply #20 on: June 28, 2020, 07:39:17 AM
It does look good once finished and I'm glad you all got it sorted.

Forgive me, but I still don't get why Kawasaki moved the screen adjustment knobs to the inside and have all that extra metal work. The MK2 was much simpler, less metalwork, works perfectly and you still had to stop to adjust it, and can reach around to adjust it if you don't want to get off. It makes no sense to me ?  :027: not being critical but I don't get it.
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #21 on: June 28, 2020, 08:58:11 AM
 TQ_PDX.... a trick I employed was to smear some of the components with a small amount of Vaseline (petroleum Jelly) which is harmless abut will hold individual items in place whilst you bolt it together .... any excess is then easily wiped away     :039: 

No silly giggling at the back  :008:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Online Floydsz1

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2019
  • City / Town: Morecambe
Reply #22 on: June 28, 2020, 11:26:22 AM
[quote

[/quote]

:goggle:

Offline weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
Reply #23 on: June 29, 2020, 11:05:48 PM
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
TQ_PDX.... a trick I employed was to smear some of the components with a small amount of Vaseline (petroleum Jelly) which is harmless abut will hold individual items in place whilst you bolt it together .... any excess is then easily wiped away     :039: 

K-Y Jelly is water soluble...... :756: :756: :756: :756:
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein

Offline TQ_PDX

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 19 V1K SE LT
  • City / Town: Portland, Oregon
Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 03:40:41 AM
*Originally Posted by weljo2001 [+]

K-Y Jelly is water soluble...... :756: :756: :756: :756:

Was able to do the deed without any petroleum products.  :169: Iconic Parts is a great way to go for a Sat Nav Mount.

Need to post some pix soon. Really custom looking. Only difference from TYKE's is the gold Versys letters have been replaced with letters cut out of the metal by a Water-Jet or Laser Cutter.

Five minutes to remove windscreen and the skin that goes from the top of the beak to the display cover. Removing skin gives you a little extra space to work with. With a third hand you are looking at installing the mount to the windshield bracket in five minutes. Vasoline, K-Y, or a third hand all work. Very happy.  :celebrate: :757: :celebrate: :757:

:763: Thanks for all the input boys!

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: 2019 SE GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 08:54:50 AM
*Originally Posted by TQ_PDX [+]
Was able to do the deed without any petroleum products.  :169: Iconic Parts is a great way to go for a Sat Nav Mount.

Need to post some pix soon. Really custom looking. Only difference from TYKE's is the gold Versys letters have been replaced with letters cut out of the metal by a Water-Jet or Laser Cutter.

Five minutes to remove windscreen and the skin that goes from the top of the beak to the display cover. Removing skin gives you a little extra space to work with. With a third hand you are looking at installing the mount to the windshield bracket in five minutes. Vasoline, K-Y, or a third hand all work. Very happy.  :celebrate: :757: :celebrate: :757:

:763: Thanks for all the input boys!

That is a trick of light in my picture as mine are cut out too (Gold would be cool)

I'll have to take your word about KY Jelly  :008:   
The world is full of good people, if you can't find one - be one

Make every second count, make every moment special.

Offline 190 Octane

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Houston
Reply #26 on: June 30, 2020, 05:10:17 PM
A US based SW Motech would be great. 

I waited almost two months for the GPS mount to come into stock here.  I ended up ordering one off of a German seller on Ebay, it got here in a week and only totaled about $10 more than buying one form the US retailer.
2K19 V1K "Estrada"
2K15 V1K "Rooster" - Gone
02 Moto Guzzi Stone

Offline TQ_PDX

• Versys Pro
Reply #27 on: June 30, 2020, 08:58:24 PM
*Originally Posted by 190 Octane [+]
A US based SW Motech would be great. 

I waited almost two months for the GPS mount to come into stock here.  I ended up ordering one off of a German seller on Ebay, it got here in a week and only totaled about $10 more than buying one form the US retailer.

The new SW Motech USA division is in my hometown. Offices near the Ducati Dealer and distribution center up by the river.

Emailed them and they are just getting rolling. Behind receiving and unloading containers of products and they said admittedly a bit 'stunned' right now due to Covid slowing the launch of US Distribution. They said that the: 19'-20' Versys 1000 SE Sat Nav Mount is not one of the products they will be offering through their US Division. Basically if it is not in one of their containers they don't offer it. And have no control over what they get from the Mothership in Germany. The only other option for US Customers is Twisted Throttle. And we all know how that goes: "Temporarily Out Of Stock"

This is all a moot point as the Iconic Parts Sat Nav Mount is easily accessible thru the UK for US Customers. Service with a smile.

Honestly SW Motech is a real sh#tsh&w right now in the US. They have had Twisted Throttle as their primary dealer here. But now Twisted Throttle is all bent out of shape that SW Motech for opening a US Division to compete with them. And the US Dist Center opening here in Oregon is struggling with Covid. A real mess.

Offline 190 Octane

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2019 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Houston
Reply #28 on: June 30, 2020, 10:34:32 PM
*Originally Posted by TQ_PDX [+]
The new SW Motech USA division is in my hometown. Offices near the Ducati Dealer and distribution center up by the river.

Emailed them and they are just getting rolling. Behind receiving and unloading containers of products and they said admittedly a bit 'stunned' right now due to Covid slowing the launch of US Distribution. They said that the: 19'-20' Versys 1000 SE Sat Nav Mount is not one of the products they will be offering through their US Division. Basically if it is not in one of their containers they don't offer it. And have no control over what they get from the Mothership in Germany. The only other option for US Customers is Twisted Throttle. And we all know how that goes: "Temporarily Out Of Stock"

This is all a moot point as the Iconic Parts Sat Nav Mount is easily accessible thru the UK for US Customers. Service with a smile.

Honestly SW Motech is a real sh#tsh&w right now in the US. They have had Twisted Throttle as their primary dealer here. But now Twisted Throttle is all bent out of shape that SW Motech for opening a US Division to compete with them. And the US Dist Center opening here in Oregon is struggling with Covid. A real mess.

I was poking around on the SW Motech US website earlier, and already noticed that they stock some stuff that is either unavailable or out of stock on Twisted Throttle.  I'm liking to looks of the SW Motech fog lights, not a bulky looking as the OEM option.

I end up ordering most of my SW Motech stuff off of Revzilla any way, because I typically have some cash back waiting from previous purchases.
2K19 V1K "Estrada"
2K15 V1K "Rooster" - Gone
02 Moto Guzzi Stone

Offline TQ_PDX

• Versys Pro
Reply #29 on: July 01, 2020, 11:12:04 AM
*Originally Posted by 190 Octane [+]
I was poking around on the SW Motech US website earlier, and already noticed that they stock some stuff that is either unavailable or out of stock on Twisted Throttle.  I'm liking to looks of the SW Motech fog lights, not a bulky looking as the OEM option.

I end up ordering most of my SW Motech stuff off of Revzilla any way, because I typically have some cash back waiting from previous purchases.

This even adds to the craziness because evidently Revzilla gets their SW Motech products through Twisted Throttle. Up until June 1st Twisted Throttle had exclusive distribution rights for all SW Motech products in the US. That is why even though there are a plethora of parts like the Sat Nav Mount on their European site, they will not allow US customers to order them.

It is a Catch 22. “Temporarily out of stock” at Twisted Throttle, so if Revzilla is out stock also they can’t resupply because they have to go through Twisted Throttle to get SW Motech parts. And when US Customers go to the European SW Motech site where there are plenty of the Sat Nav Mounts they say you have to go through Twisted Throttle as they have exclusive rights in the US.

I was excited to hear that there was a new Distributer in the US but it seems they are having the same issues with supply that Twisted Throttle, and hence every other retailer in the US who had to go through Twisted Throttle does.

Cooky stuff. We will see what the future holds but for now in the US get used to “Temporarily out of Stock.”

Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 11:14:51 AM by TQ_PDX

waggish