Author Topic: Hyperpro Rear Shock lost all oil after only 30K Km??  (Read 406 times)

Offline Dommy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 - 2013
  • City / Town: Vicenza
Hi all.

In DEC-2017 my Kawasaki mechanic installed Hyperpro progressive springs with dedicated oil and rear shock on my 2013 Versys 1000 (this package is called StreetBox). This was a real improvement over stock suspensions and I thought that it was good money spent (approx. 600 EUR).

Last weekend I changed the shock's hydraulic setting by rotating the rotary knob by a few clicks and immediately it started to leak oil. After a couple of days it lost all of it and now the shock basically works as a free spring (and in 300 Km last Sunday it destroyed my buttock and legs, although I set the KTRC to level 2 and avoided strong accelerations).

What is strange to me is that I put only 30K Km on the bike after the change to HyperPro. I always ride solo, only sometimes with panniers and no off-road  :211:

Yesterday I contacted the Italian HyperPro vendor to get a response on this and how they're going to fix it.

I'll keep you posted  :169:
Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:04:00 PM by Dommy

Offline Dommy

• Versys Pro
Re: Hyperpro Rear Shock lost all oil after only 30K Km??
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 09:49:13 PM
Earlier today I received the reply from the HyperPro's dealer, which I translate hereafter:

"The warranty is 2 years valid if the mono is serviced within 25K Km, while the warranty is of 5 years for the durable parts (not for parts subjected to wear) and there's a life warranty for the spring, so in your case it's actually not so bad because service with oil change and replacement of worn parts was required.

After service the shock will be back to full operation at a price of 120 EUR + 20 EUR for shipment, provided that it won't occur anomalies due to accidents or other casual reasons. Let's know when the shock is ready for shipment and we're going to pick it up where you want.

The shock will be delivered back in approx. 5 working days, without considering other problems".

5 days is actually very reasonable and the price too, although it's still unclear to me why a problem like total oil loss took place?  :187:

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys God
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 11:18:47 PM
Hyper Pro had told me that my shock  should be rebuilt after about 40K Km  so I would say that yours failed a bit early....
Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:23:22 PM by Crosshairs

Offline Dommy

• Versys Pro
Reply #3 on: July 22, 2020, 09:09:03 PM
So the HyperPro rear shock is back on the bike after service and it works great  :37: